Adding SMTP Address to all recpts...

Post by DLeno » Fri, 17 Dec 1999 04:00:00

I need to add a second smtp domain,    domainname.com, as a SMTP address for
all recpts. Our company is changing our name on the 1st... can I globally
make this change?  Where do I do this? Also, all new recpts should have both
created by default....

Adding SMTP Address to all recpts...

Post by Chris Scharf » Fri, 17 Dec 1999 04:00:00

Quote:>I need to add a second smtp domain,    domainname.com, as a SMTP address for
>all recpts. Our company is changing our name on the 1st... can I globally
>make this change?  Where do I do this? Also, all new recpts should have both
>created by default....

You can't have two created by default. You can add an additional SMTP
address by using directory import and export.You can also configure
your IMS routing so that

domain.com -> <inbound>

domainname.com -> domain.com

--
Chris Scharff
Exchange Administrator

Be sure to read the Exchange FAQ:

1. Howto change primary address of Custom Recpts?

Hello,

Ihave have an Ex 5.5 SP3 server with 2000 or so custom recipients. The
custom recipient's primary address is an X400 address but they also have an
Internet address. What I want to do is change all the primary addresses from
X400 to Internet addresses.

If I use Ex Admin to change the primary address (by deleting the x400
address and entering the SMTP address), I get a "user unknown" error back
instantly when I send mail. Any ideas please?

Thanks,

- Alan.

2. Large scale automatic booking of resources setup

3. Adding new box only adds one smtp address.

4. Unknown Error Message when deleting item

5. ghost SMTP addresses, try to add SMTP to usr obj but it says exist already

6. Timing on Exchange Release December 96

7. add SMTP address to global address book

8. Re-sent msgs after Exchange reboot

9. How to add SMTP addresses to Global Address book

10. Adding Another SMTP address to DS Addressing

11. Global Address Book, adding non-users SMTP addresses???

12. How to add SMTP addresses to Global Address list

13. adding new SMTP address