One More Question- Site Connector

Post by MS NEW » Tue, 07 Dec 1999 04:00:00

I tried to install a site connector between 2 sites on 2 different domain
 no trust relationships enabled) and I got an error about communications
between the two servers. I know that it is not a protocol problem (both
machines have IP configured on the same private network 10.x.x.x) and
browsing from one domain to another is OK. What could the problem be? Should
I have trust relationships configured? I read in one book that I don't have
to do that and I can use the override options, but of course I get the
communication error message before I get to the Site Connector Properties. I
have a figure to look at the problem from the Administrator's program ( MS
Word 97/2000 format) at http://www.afana.net/Doc1.doc.

One More Question- Site Connector

Post by Kirill S. Palagi » Tue, 07 Dec 1999 04:00:00

So where you got that error and what is the EXACT error message?
And what is the version of Exchange server?

--
Intel is trying to spoil AMD by pressuring motherboard makers.
Say YES to AMD at

Thanks.

Kirill S. Palagin

Post by Rich Matheisen [MVP » Tue, 07 Dec 1999 04:00:00

>I tried to install a site connector between 2 sites on 2 different domain
> no trust relationships enabled) and I got an error about communications
>between the two servers.

You NEED a trust to install the site connector. You don't need a trust
to RUN it.

Quote:>I know that it is not a protocol problem (both
>machines have IP configured on the same private network 10.x.x.x) and
>browsing from one domain to another is OK. What could the problem be? Should
>I have trust relationships configured?

Yes.

Quote:>I read in one book that I don't have
>to do that and I can use the override options,

Sure . . . after the Site Connector's installed. Remember, the
installation of a site connector modifies BOTH servers. You need
permission to modify their site in oder to do that.

------------------
Rich Matheisen
MCSE, Exchange MVP

1. One More Question- Site Connector -2nd time post, my 1st one did not go thru !!!

I tried to install a site connector between 2 sites on 2 different domain
 no trust relationships enabled) and I got an error about communications
between the two servers. I know that it is not a protocol problem (both
machines have IP configured on the same private network 10.x.x.x) and
browsing from one domain to another is OK. What could the problem be? Should
I have trust relationships configured? I read in one book that I don't have
to do that and I can use the override options, but of course I get the
communication error message before I get to the Site Connector Properties. I
have a figure to look at the problem from the Administrator's program ( MS
Word 97/2000 format) at http://www.afana.net/Doc1.doc.

2. Can't delete public folders

3. InterSite With Site Connector Question

4. Backup Exchange Server

5. Site Connector question

6. Forms in Exchange

7. Multiple Site Connector Question

8. Directory Object import problem

9. Site connector question

10. Site Connector question

11. Site connector - tricky question.

12. Site Connector question

13. Global Address List/Site Connector Question