Do I need 2nd server ???

Post by Jeffre » Thu, 06 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Group,
We're a 400 user company growing quickly (1 per day)
Exchange 5.5, sp3 runs fine.  Single server, Dell 6300 horse.
Money is no problem.  Question I have is:  Should I purchase an
additional Dell server and add it to the site in case my primary
server wigs out.  And will this give me some sort of redundancy where
the 2nd server will pick up if the primary again, goes down.
regards and thanks,
Jeff

Do I need 2nd server ???

Post by Andrew Polishchu » Fri, 07 Jul 2000 04:00:00

The 2nd server won't pick up if 1st came down. To improve reliability you
must join 2 or more servers into cluster.

Quote:

> Group,
> We're a 400 user company growing quickly (1 per day)
> Exchange 5.5, sp3 runs fine.  Single server, Dell 6300 horse.
> Money is no problem.  Question I have is:  Should I purchase an
> additional Dell server and add it to the site in case my primary
> server wigs out.  And will this give me some sort of redundancy where
> the 2nd server will pick up if the primary again, goes down.
> regards and thanks,
> Jeff

1. Need help Exchange 5.5 on Windows 2000 server (2nd domain controller on domain)

Trying to install Backoffice and Exchange 5.5 on WIN2k Server.

Server is 2nd domain controller on one domain
Admin rights already set for exchange administrator to entire domain.

Server is member then promoted to 2nd domain controller of domain.
then I install Backoffice and will not install.

Tried readiness kit upgraded Site Server and installed FrontPage.
Server is SP1 already all updates applied prior to install.

Will not install past 55% both on BACKOFFICE and when I try to install only
Exchange 5.5 from 5th CD.

HELP

2. disclaimer footer

3. How To Help needed: Adding 2nd E2K Server

4. CC Mail archive files to PST files

5. Groupwise Migration

6. Done with demo - need to install purchased version...

7. Hiding Public Folders

8. Is ISP doing all it needs to do?

9. newbi needs help , 2nd try

10. 2 w2k servers, 1 file server(pdc) and 2nd for exchange 5.5

11. e55 - internet mail service (2nd server joining site and removing 1st server)

12. 2nd exchange server to act as backup for 1st server