MTA service terminating intermittently

Post by subrahmanay » Wed, 21 Jun 2000 04:00:00

I am getting a frquent problem with my MTA service. It is terminating
intermittently with Dr watson error on the screen, and 9405,4097 ivent Ids.
In the Technet , the information is not appropriate. Anybody faced this
problem? Could you guide me to solve this?

Thank you.

MTA service terminating intermittently

Post by Michael Abbaticchi » Wed, 21 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Have you tried running mtacheck?  Could be a bad message.

--
Michael Abbaticchio
CCNA

Quote:> I am getting a frquent problem with my MTA service. It is terminating
> intermittently with Dr watson error on the screen, and 9405,4097 ivent
Ids.
> In the Technet , the information is not appropriate. Anybody faced this
> problem? Could you guide me to solve this?

> Thank you.

1. MTA Service stopping Intermittently.

Recently I am getting a problem with my MTA service in my Exchange Server5.5
with SP3. It is stopping intermittently. And giving a Dr. watson error on
the Screen.

It saying

     An application error has occured
and an application error log is being generated

                EMSMTA.exe

Exception access violation (0x0000005), Address: 0x77e16c2d

The event Id is 9405.

I searched in Technet, but i could not find solution. I reapplied my service
pack 3 also.
even it it has come today again.

Any one faced this problem, please let me know the Solution.

Thank you.

2. Help we're having problems.

3. MS Mail MTA service on Exchange terminate itself.

4. Problem with downloading address book on exchange 5.5

5. Exchange services stop when IIS Admin service terminates!

6. PRoblem with DNS and Exchange?

7. Exchange services stop when IIS Admin service terminates

8. Automagically creating email accounts

9. The Microsoft Exchange Information Store service terminated with service-specifi

10. Information Store Service terminated with service error 4294965882

11. Exchange Information Store service terminated with service-specific error 4294966278

12. The Microsoft Exchange Information Store service terminated with service-specifi

13. Nightly error - MTA is terminating