Internet Mail Forwarding from Server (Not inbox)

Internet Mail Forwarding from Server (Not inbox)

Post by Lee Maguir » Fri, 21 Aug 1998 04:00:00

I need to forward all incoming mail to my account to an external internet
address.  I once read something about setting up a Custom Recipient to
perform the task but I can't remember the details!  I can't leave Outlook
running with an Inbox assistant so it needs to be done on the server.

It's getting urgent as I'm leaving tommorrow!

Any help would be appreciated.

Lee Maguire

Internet Mail Forwarding from Server (Not inbox)

Post by Senator Banglades » Fri, 21 Aug 1998 04:00:00

On the Mailbox properties, specify the ALTERNATE RECIPIENT as the CUSTOM
RECIPIENT.  You will have to create the CR before you do this (hide it from
the GAL too) specifying the external SMTP address.

Senator

Internet Mail Forwarding from Server (Not inbox)

Post by Have a nice da » Fri, 04 Sep 1998 04:00:00

On 20 Aug 1998 15:31:16 GMT, "Senator Bangladesh"

>On the Mailbox properties, specify the ALTERNATE RECIPIENT as the CUSTOM
>RECIPIENT.  You will have to create the CR before you do this (hide it from
>the GAL too) specifying the external SMTP address.

>Senator

I've tried this but get the following error message

I get the same error message when I try and forward messages using
inbox assistant on Outlook 97.

Thanks.

Darren

1. Internet Mail Forwarding from Server (Not inbox)

I need to forward all incoming mail to my account to an external internet
address.  I once read something about setting up a Custom Recipient to
perform the task but I can't remember the details!  I can't leave Outlook
running with an Inbox assistant so it needs to be done on the server.

It's getting urgent as I'm leaving tommorrow!

Any help would be appreciated.

Lee Maguire

2. Exchange client licenses

3. BDC function on Exchange

4. Forwarded mail not delivered to inbox

5. rule to set in Exchange 2000?

6. Inbox rule (forward) not working with new 5.5 server/5.0 client

7. Public Folder Address List

8. Inbox Assistant - Auto Reply (not replying to internet e-mails)

9. Inbox Assistant not working with Internet Mail

10. Forwarding local mails to ISP's internet mail server

11. Exchange not forward internet mail on new domain name