R5 To Exchange 2000

Post by Victori » Thu, 07 Jun 2001 08:42:23

Has any one had to learn Domino R5 then 1 year later had to get Exchange Server
2000 going?  If so please accept my sympathies and share with me the secret of
replicating from notes to exchange.

R5 To Exchange 2000

Post by Matthew Wester » Thu, 07 Jun 2001 10:59:22

well for starters you need the Domino connector on the exchange end which
costs the earth. then go with the setup instrcutions.....

Has any one had to learn Domino R5 then 1 year later had to get Exchange
Server
2000 going?  If so please accept my sympathies and share with me the secret
of
replicating from notes to exchange.

1. Converting from Domino R5 to Exchange 2000

Our organization will be converting from Domino R5 to Exchange 2000
before the end of the calendar year.  I believe I have a general
understanding of what will and what will not convert from Domino to
E2K.  I believe the active users' mail files will convert.  I believe
3rd party software tools are required to convert local archive files
and the personal address books.  What about mail-in databases we have
created?  Is it possible to convert these to public folders allowing
only certain users to have access?  We have some group calendars
housed on the Domino server which are used by various sections to keep
track of employees on leave.  Is it possible to convert these?  How
about the Resource Reservation database?

Any and all hints and tips appreciated.

TIA,

bxtr

2. Adding a new Exchange 5 Server to existing Exchange 4 site.

3. Notes R5 v Exchange 2000

4. Where do I get the Exchange Client CD?

5. Exchange 2000 vs Lotus Notes R5

6. Illegal Characters?

7. Share Contacts among users?

8. Exchange 2000 connector for Lotus Notes R5

9. Exchange 2000 vs. Lotus Notes R5

10. Exchange 2000 vs Lotus Notes R5

11. How to import Lotus Notes R5 mail file to exchange 2000

12. Exchange 2000 vs Lotus Notes R5