MAPI interface

Post by hyr » Tue, 01 Aug 2000 04:00:00

hi,

is MAPI a open interface or only work for microsoft product,
by open , I means if i write a client program using simple mapi interface,
does it will also work with other major email system other than exchange?

thanks

MAPI interface

Post by Chris Schar » Tue, 01 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Quote:>hi,

>is MAPI a open interface or only work for microsoft product,
>by open , I means if i write a client program using simple mapi interface,
>does it will also work with other major email system other than exchange?

I believe openmail, notes and groupwise have mapi interfaces.

MAPI interface

Post by Rich Matheisen [MVP » Tue, 01 Aug 2000 04:00:00

>is MAPI a open interface or only work for microsoft product,
>by open , I means if i write a client program using simple mapi interface,
>does it will also work with other major email system other than exchange?

MAPI isn't a protocol like SMTP, POP3, and IMAP. It's an interface
used by "mail aware" software. You write (or use) a MAPI transport
provider to convert your calls to MAPI into the protocol of the mail
server you connect to.

------------------
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

1. MAPI Interfaces

Hi,

I want to write a MAPI Message Store to store my messages in a SQLServer
database. I want to do this with Inprise Delphi 4.0.
Delphi doesn't include the MAPI include files like C++ does, but Delphi can
import Type Libraries. Can someone tell me if there is somewhere a
Typelibrarie that i can get to let delphi create the wrapper class files?

Thanks

Patrick De Block
IT WORX

2. POP mail question

3. DISCUSSION: MAPI Interfaces

4. Install and config exchange 2K

5. MAPI Interface eror using EXSSRV.EXE

6. Argh again!

7. Mapi interfacing tools

8. OWA login prompt?

9. MAPI Object and Interfaces - Getting a mailbox size

10. IAddressee Interface vs IPerson Interface

11. Getting Mailbox and homeserver Name from IExchangeEventHandler Interface

12. Exchange Newsgroups Web Interface

13. Web interface to create mailboxes