5.5 - IS maintenance thread - scheduling

5.5 - IS maintenance thread - scheduling

Post by Lyle Stavas » Sun, 31 Aug 2003 03:49:30

5.5 Exchange, NT4

How can I specify the start time for the deleted
item retention cleanup ?   Presently it runs at 7:15AM and
I'd prefer it run at some other time.

Thanks In Advance.
Lyle

Post by Mark Arnold [MVP » Sun, 31 Aug 2003 04:30:20

>5.5 Exchange, NT4

>How can I specify the start time for the deleted
>item retention cleanup ?   Presently it runs at 7:15AM and
>I'd prefer it run at some other time.

>Thanks In Advance.
>Lyle

Look on the IS Maintenance tab on the properties of the Server within
the site. There is a matrix there for you to fill in/blank out as
required.

5.5 - IS maintenance thread - scheduling

Post by Lyle Stavas » Sun, 31 Aug 2003 05:09:25

Mark - 1st thanks for taking time to reply.

I have that matrix up - and curiously, it started (1206 in
event log) in a time period where the hour long blocks are
NOT colored in, and completed 3 hours +/- later (1207
event log) which was also not colored in.

Do I misunderstand the graphic ?  are things supposed to
run in the blocks that are colored or those left left
white.

I've inherited this system, no formal training on it etc.,
so learning much through posting such as yours.

Thanks
Lyle

1. 0x80040115 occurred in maintenance thread

Everything working all okay on Mail Cluster  with Exchange
5.5 sp4 on Windows 2000 Cluster
Sybari Antigen 7.0 AV software

Then out of the blue, no one could connect - can only see
the error :
Event ID 7
Source MSExchangeES
An unexpected error [0x80040115] occurred in maintence
thread.

in the Event log - swapped the node on the cluster -
everthing starts all okay - users back in okay
no other errors are recorded

The only Technet article with reference to this error
refers to doing restores - hence no applicable

From scanning the newsgroups - no definite answers to why
this happens - Why did this occur ?
- how can I prevent it happening again ?

cheers
Martin

2. Exchange 5.5 - VBA - Public Folder

3. An unexpected error [0x80040115] occurred in maintenance thread.

4. Restore Priv and Pub edb's HELP

5. An unexpected error [0x80040115] occured in maintenance thread.

6. Some attachments don't transfer

7. Scheduled Maintenance

8. Exchange Database

9. Information Store Maintenance Schedule

10. maintenance schedule

11. Threaded discussions to web from Ex 5.5

12. Upgrading RC1 to 5.5 RTM (older thread, couldn't find it)

13. Exchange 5.5 HIGH CPU Utilization on Threads