DL: Which recipients did not receive?

Post by Research Service » Thu, 09 Sep 1999 04:00:00

When you have a Distribution List (containing local Exchange users and other
Internet email addresses) - how can you determine which users did not
receive the email when you get a return message from the Exchange
Administrator claiming that "one or more recipients did not receive this
email"?

Can an end user determine this?  Or can only Exchange Admins track this
down?

Does the method of finding out who didn't get the email differ if this is a
DL in the GAL or a (private) DL in the user's Contacts?

1. Internet recipients receiving multiple messages from DL

For the past few days, every time someone in my company
sends a message to a distro list, every Internet custom
recipient in that list receives that message 5-6 times.
Regular recipients homed on that server (Our only exchange
server) only receives the message once.

We have a single Exchange 5.5sp4 server running on NT4
sp6a.

Any ideas?

2. Recreate Permissions

3. Inbound msg to large DL not received

4. Critique my Plan...

5. DL members do not receive Internet email attachment

6. Help with OLE Messaging

7. DL members do not receive Internet email attachemet

8. Joining Different Organizations

9. One user not receiving mail posted to Everyone DL

10. Outlook Client not receiving eiail from DL

11. Prillisa attack DL and not Recipient

12. Finding Recipients that are not members of DL

13. Can this be done DL question.