Deleting Hard Deleted Items Permanently

Post by Ron » Wed, 23 Jul 2003 10:11:07

Win98-OL2k, Exch5.5 NT4 on the backend. I added a reg hack to enable
"Recover Deleted Items" from any folder. Every time I go into Inbox "Recover
Deleted Items", OL crashes with this message:
"OUTLOOK caused an invalid page fault in module KERNEL32.DLL at
017f:bff87f00."

Has this happened to you? I think there's a corrupted (deleted) item in the
folder. I can only (permanently) delete about 70 deleted items. Now I can't
even get back into the "Recover Deleted Items..." option without crashing
OL. This only happens in Inbox folder, other folders work fine.

Deleting Hard Deleted Items Permanently

Post by Michael A. Abbaticchio[MVP » Wed, 23 Jul 2003 12:22:44

You could try using exmerge with the dumpster settings turned on.  You could
run it in archive mode, and empty the inbox to a pst files, where you drag
back what you need onto the server, or just archive the pst.

--

regards,
Michael Abbaticchio

Quote:> Win98-OL2k, Exch5.5 NT4 on the backend. I added a reg hack to enable
> "Recover Deleted Items" from any folder. Every time I go into Inbox
"Recover
> Deleted Items", OL crashes with this message:
> "OUTLOOK caused an invalid page fault in module KERNEL32.DLL at
> 017f:bff87f00."

> Has this happened to you? I think there's a corrupted (deleted) item in
the
> folder. I can only (permanently) delete about 70 deleted items. Now I
can't
> even get back into the "Recover Deleted Items..." option without crashing
> OL. This only happens in Inbox folder, other folders work fine.

Deleting Hard Deleted Items Permanently

Post by Ron » Thu, 24 Jul 2003 03:15:09

Run what in archive mode? Can I run exmerge against 1 mailbox only (and
against 1 folder - Inbox only)? I don't want to mess up other users'
mailboxes. Thanks.