Publishing Public Folders to a Web Server

Publishing Public Folders to a Web Server

Post by Pierre Roma » Thu, 23 Jul 1998 04:00:00

We are running Exchange 5.0 on one of our servers. We are also running
IIS4.0 on another box.  We would like to publish certain Public folders to
the web server on the second machine.

Can this be done? How?

Thanks.

Pierre Roman

Post by Rich Matheis » Fri, 24 Jul 1998 04:00:00

>We are running Exchange 5.0 on one of our servers. We are also running
>IIS4.0 on another box.  We would like to publish certain Public folders to
>the web server on the second machine.

>Can this be done? How?

If the users are logging in then there's no need to do anything. If
the PF's are to be accessed by anonymous users then you'll have to use
the site's HTTP protocol object and create Folder Shortcuts for the
folders.

OTOH, if your question is "how do I get the contents of the PF onto
the IIS machine" you could use Site Server and the Exchange
"connector" it contains and have Index Server handle the PF's in the
same way it does a newsgroup.

Publishing Public Folders to a Web Server

Post by Pierre Roma » Sat, 01 Aug 1998 04:00:00

I got a copy of the Site server and installed it.  I still cannot find the
exchange connector.  Where should I look?

Thanks

Pierre Roman

Post by Rich Matheis » Sat, 01 Aug 1998 04:00:00

>I got a copy of the Site server and installed it.  I still cannot find the
>exchange connector.  Where should I look?

I'd start with the Books On Line and look for "Exchange".

Publishing Public Folders to a Web Server

Post by Scott Schindle » Sun, 02 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Try active server pages similar to the way Microsoft implements anonymous
public folder access.

This is truly a design question.  There is no UI for automating this that I
have seen.

Try posting to an ASP newsgroup.
--
Scott Schindler
Status acronyms may not follow

Post by Rich Matheis » Mon, 03 Aug 1998 04:00:00

>Try active server pages similar to the way Microsoft implements anonymous
>public folder access.

>This is truly a design question.  There is no UI for automating this that I
>have seen.

>Try posting to an ASP newsgroup.

No, not an ASP newsgroup, but a site server newsgroup. There isn't a
UI in Site Server to accomplish this (besides the setting up of the
Index Server), but the information on how to accomplish the
installation of the Exchange connector IS in the Site Server
documentation. I haven't looked at Site Server since Beta 3, but it
most certainly was there.

1. Publishing Public Folder on special designed web pages

I want to publish some of the exchange public folder on my special
designed web page which has URL links to the Exchange subfolders.
How can I access any subfolder directly. Active server always gets
\exchange\logon.asp.
I know Exchange  5.0  publishs  Public Folders on internet. But it
publishs Public Folders in its structure.

2. delivery reports

3. how to publish public folders on intranet web

4. Reading a Binary File into a DataGrid

5. publishing private folders as public folders

6. EDB Editor

7. Publish an Exchange folder to web

8. M Drive question

9. Web Access - Unable to get Published Folder List

10. Are web publishing services required for backend server?

11. Publishing Calendar on Web from Exchange Server

12. Can not publish to any public folder

13. Help .I can't publish public folders on the internet