Public folder 100% CPU problem

Post by sam » Thu, 20 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Exchange 5.0 SP1.

A problem with our Exchange Server is that if I leave public folder
replication set to "Always" or "Selected Times" in the Public Information
Store object, our Exchange Server will eventually cause the CPU to go to
100% with 1 thread in the Store causing this.  To fix this I just have to
select "Never" and I can immediately see in Performance Monitor the CPU
usage drop to 1%. (The normal level).

I have problems similar to this in KB articles, in particular one that
states this happens when a public folder is replicated once a week only.  We
don't have any like this so I don't know the reason for this.
I am hesistant to go to SP2 because of problems before with it (killed the
server), but I'd like to fix this before I update eventually to 5.5.

Any help is appreciated.

1. Public folders cause 100% CPU usage

Exchange 5.0 SP1.

A problem with our Exchange Server is that if I leave public folder
replication set to "Always" or "Selected Times" in the Public Information
Store object, our Exchange Server will eventually cause the CPU to go to
100% with 1 thread in the Store causing this.  To fix this I just have to
select "Never" and I can immediately see in Performance Monitor the CPU
usage drop to 1%. (The normal level).

I have problems similar to this in KB articles, in particular one that
states this happens when a public folder is replicated once a week only.  We
don't have any like this so I don't know the reason for this.
I am hesistant to go to SP2 because of problems before with it (killed the
server), but I'd like to fix this before I update eventually to 5.5.

Any help is appreciated.

2. Vartype

3. Public folders cause 100% CPU

4. Failed to send mail Via Active Server Page

5. Problem: Exchange 5.0 IS Store.exe causes 100% CPU utilization

6. Exchange/outlook

7. FYI...I fixed my 100 CPU problem

8. Hung Services after E2K Install

9. CPU 100% Problem...hotfix

10. CPU Usage up to 100% Problem

11. Problem: 100% CPU Utilization caused by Exchange IS Store.exe

12. CPU usage 100%

13. EMSMTA.EXE JUST HANGS COMP CPU AT 100 AND WILL NOT STOP