Event ID: 3039

Post by DaPostma » Wed, 16 Oct 2002 00:12:01

I am receiving the following error on one of my Exchange
5.5 servers:

Event ID: 3039
   Source: MSExchangeIMC
   Category: Internal Processing
trying to communicate with the message store. An attempt
to refresh the connection will be made. If not successful,
the service will be shut down.

Article Q166558 states that Microsoft has confirmed this
to be a problem in Microsoft Exchange Server version 5.0.
This problem was corrected in the latest Microsoft
exchange Server 5.0 U.S. Service Pack.

Does this still aplly to me if I am running Exchange 5.5
with SP4?

1. Internet Mail problem (error 0x80040115; ID 3039)

We are having problems with in and outbound mail on our Exchange server (5.0
sp1).

It functions OK for a period and without any apparent reason it stops
processing Internet mail.
Inbound mail stays on the IMC queue and is not transferred to the message
store.

In the event log we have the messages of the following kind:

   Event ID: 4117
   Source: MSExchangeIMC
   Category: Internal Processing
   Internet Mail Service uses to process messages on the  Microsoft
   Exchange Server. As a result, the message in spool file KPFYCMQB failed
   to be delivered. The message has been moved to the  IMCDATA\IN\ARCHIVE
   directory.

   Event ID: 3039
   Source: MSExchangeIMC
   Category: Internal Processing
   communicate with the message store. An attempt to refresh the connection
   will be made. If not successful, the service will be shut down.

This is copied from the MS KB entry on this problem (Q166558 - 24 june
1997).
No solution yet. (standard `We are researching this problem')

When we start the Internet Mail Service again, it all functions again. We
have also sometimes problems with internal mailing lists. No idea if this is
related. We also have had a server crash a week ago and had to recreate the
Exchange Server.

Any help is appreciated.

Pieter Bison
Sentient Machine Research
Amsterdam

2. OWA: Using Rule.dll

3. information store and imc stop with events 4182,3039,4116

4. Mailbox size limits to SHUT DOWN mailbox

5. Exchange 5.5 SP4 Event - 4182, 3039, 4116, 1005

6. Code Pages

7. Microsoft Exchange Event ID:64 Event ID 1025 Event ID 1107

8. JET Error Jet_errDatabaseInconsistant

9. Event Id 25, Event Id 11, Event Id 5004,

10. HELP: 3039, 4117, 4116

11. A lot of Event ID : 9318 and Event ID 9277 in event viewer

12. Event ID 4093 and Event ID 4128

13. Event ID 2102 and Event ID 2103 , Topology Category