Exchange 5.5 client connections

Post by Todd Prat » Sun, 27 Feb 2000 04:00:00

I am having trouble getting clients to be able to connect to mail server,
the primary domain works fine but the email domains cant connect to the
server, says password rejected any Ideas?
Thanks,
Todd.

Exchange 5.5 client connections

Post by Kirill S. Palagi » Mon, 28 Feb 2000 04:00:00

E-mail domains do not connect to the server.
Mail clients do.
Describe your problem in more detail.

> I am having trouble getting clients to be able to connect to mail server,
> the primary domain works fine but the email domains cant connect to the
> server, says password rejected any Ideas?
> Thanks,
> Todd.

Exchange 5.5 client connections

Post by Todd Prat » Mon, 28 Feb 2000 04:00:00

That did it thanks a million!!
Todd.

>Use
>ntDomain\ntUsername\ExchangeAlias
>as POP3 user name
>and
>ntDomain/ntUsernameExchangeAlias
>as IMAP4 user name.

>> What I mean is I cant get clients to successfuly connect to their
respective
>> E- mail domain , here is an example I have 2 Dns servers and a web/mail
>> server they are mydomain.com everything works fine mail included, I am
>> hosting a site yourdomain.com I set up the dns for yourdomain.com  and
send
>> test mail and it gets there, now what the problem is trying to set up  a
>> client to connect to the mail server to collect his mail using outlook
>> express I get the error message password rejected, I have set his
>> permissions and he is able to log onto mydomain.com via OWA and get his
>> inbox at yourdomain, I'm confused.
>> Thanks,
>> Todd.

>> >E-mail domains do not connect to the server.
>> >Mail clients do.
>> >Describe your problem in more detail.

1. Exchange 5.5 client connection error

We are having a problem of connecting to our Exchange 5.5 server on several
of our NT 4.0 workstations.  Everything works fine running NetBEUI protocol,
but once we add TCP/IP protocol we get the error message "Network problems
are preventing connection to the Microsoft Exchange computer.  Contact your
system admin.....".   I can ping the server with just the TCP/IP protocol,
but I can't get the error message when trying to Check Name.

We have serveral other NT workstations that work just fine along with a host
of Win95's working with both protocols. Has anyone had this problem before?

2. Outlook client slow to start

3. Exchange Server 5.5 Client Connection

4. Global Public Folders Setup

5. Minimum Outlook Client connection speed Exch 5.5

6. AD checkbox setting using Windows Scripting ?

7. Lenteur de la connection exchange sur certains clients exchange (nt&win95)

8. "out of the office" rules

9. Trying to Export Notes 5.x client and Import Into Exchange 5.5 Outlook Client

10. Proxy client Vs Exchange 5.5 client - Conflict???

11. Exchange 2000 & Exchange 5.5 connection

12. Trying to Export Notes 5.x client and Import Into Exchange 5.5 Outlook Client

13. Connection, Connection, Connection?!