Warning not given when user reaches quota warning limit in Exchange 5.5

Warning not given when user reaches quota warning limit in Exchange 5.5

Post by Syed A » Wed, 06 Nov 2002 06:24:33

Hello,

Our Exchange 5.5 server has individual mailbox quotas setup, both
warning and 'do not send' after reaching limits. The server is running
on Windows 2000 with service pack 3. I have not setup quotas for
everyone, just for a few users.

The problem we are having is that no warning is given when a user
crosses the warning limit. Only after a user crosses the 'do not send'
limit does Exchange not allow a user to send email displaying a
message that the mailbox limit has been exceeded.

How can I get Exchange to display a warning message saying that the
mailbox size has grown beyond the 'soft' quota?

Thank you!

Warning not given when user reaches quota warning limit in Exchange 5.5

Post by Evan Wang [MS » Wed, 06 Nov 2002 22:05:08

Hello,

Sometime, resetting the Storage Quota "Warning Message Interval" through
Exchange System Manager may help.

1) Open Exchange System Manager
2) Expand the Administrative Groups object
3) Expand the Administrative Group where the server resides
4) Expand the Servers object
5) Expand the Server object which correlates to the server having the
problem.
6) Expand the Storage Group which houses the Mailbox Store with the problem.
7) Pull up the properties of the Mailbox Store having the problem.
8) Go to the Limits tab and change the time to run for the Warning Message
Interval" to another time.

Please feel free to get back here, if you have any problems. Thanks.

Best Regards,

Evan Wang
Microsoft Online Support Engineer

Warning not given when user reaches quota warning limit in Exchange 5.5

Post by Syed A » Fri, 08 Nov 2002 00:53:38

Hi,

Thank you for your post.
In the properties of the Mailbox, under the Limits tab, I see Deleted
items retention time, Information store storage limits, and Message
size.

There is no "Warning Message Interval" as you have explained in step
8.

-Syed

Quote:> Hello,

> Sometime, resetting the Storage Quota "Warning Message Interval" through
> Exchange System Manager may help.

> 1) Open Exchange System Manager
> 2) Expand the Administrative Groups object
> 3) Expand the Administrative Group where the server resides
> 4) Expand the Servers object
> 5) Expand the Server object which correlates to the server having the
> problem.
> 6) Expand the Storage Group which houses the Mailbox Store with the problem.
> 7) Pull up the properties of the Mailbox Store having the problem.
> 8) Go to the Limits tab and change the time to run for the Warning Message
> Interval" to another time.

> Please feel free to get back here, if you have any problems. Thanks.

> Best Regards,

> Evan Wang
> Microsoft Online Support Engineer

Warning not given when user reaches quota warning limit in Exchange 5.5

Post by Evan Wang [MS » Sat, 09 Nov 2002 19:21:57

Sorry. I have given you the steps for Exchange 2000. In Exchange 5.5, there
is no such option.

To better monitor the mailbox, I suggest you go to Diagnostics Logging tab
for the Private Information Store Properties page. Click Storage Limits and
check Maximum on the bottom. Then, reset the storage limits to a low value,
and keep monitoring.

Please let us know the results.

Best Regards,

Evan Wang
Microsoft Online Support Engineer

Warning not given when user reaches quota warning limit in Exchange 5.5

Post by Syed A » Tue, 12 Nov 2002 23:58:25

As it turns out, Exchange 5.5 sends an email warning every night at
8PM if you have exceeded your 'soft' quota.

If you exceed your 'hard' quota you get a warning message every time
you try to send an email.

Perhaps there is a way to change the warning message when you exceed
your 'soft' quota to be every few hours, instead of just at 8PM
everyday...

Thank you...

Quote:> Sorry. I have given you the steps for Exchange 2000. In Exchange 5.5, there
> is no such option.

> To better monitor the mailbox, I suggest you go to Diagnostics Logging tab
> for the Private Information Store Properties page. Click Storage Limits and
> check Maximum on the bottom. Then, reset the storage limits to a low value,
> and keep monitoring.

> Please let us know the results.

> Best Regards,

> Evan Wang
> Microsoft Online Support Engineer

1. Warning message not displayed when users crosses warning limit

Hello,

Our Exchange 5.5 server has individual mailbox quotas setup, both
warning and 'do not send' after reaching limits. The server is running
on Windows 2000 with service pack 3. I have not setup quotas for
everyone, just for a few users.

The problem we are having is that no warning is given when a user
crosses the warning limit. Only after a user crosses the 'do not send'
limit does Exchange not allow a user to send email displaying a
message that the mailbox limit has been exceeded.

How can I get Exchange to display a warning message saying that the
mailbox size has grown beyond the 'soft' quota?

Thank you!

2. Exchange 2000 on SBS problem

3. How to costumize warning message limit (issue warning limit)

4. POP mail from external server

5. How to warn the IT-department when a mailbox is reaching his maximum limit

6. owa FROM behind a proxy

7. Changing the default time for Exceeding Storage Limit Warning on Exchange 5.5

8. Unable to receive mail through POP3 access!!!

9. How to increase the mailbox size limit WARNING time on exchange 5.5

10. Exchange 5.5 Mailbox Limit Warnings

11. Mailbox size-limit warnings in Exchange 5.5 SP4

12. Exchange 5.5 mailboxsize limit warnings

13. Users receiving multiple mailbox limit warnings!!!