Exchange 2K POP receive & Send help

Post by Troy Harnis » Fri, 17 May 2002 22:22:50

Sorry if this topic has been covered, but I reviewed other posts, and could
not find an answer that worked...

I am hoping to use my Exchange 2000 Enterprise server (SP1) to act as a
go-between, between local users and a series of POP mailboxes hosted on an
external domain. Here is what I am running:

Windows 2000 Advanced Server SP2
Exchange 2000 Enterprise SP1
XP clients with Outlook 2002
Active Directory with internal DNS for the local domain, references ISP DNS
for public name resolution. No inbound name resolution from the public
internet.

I need the users to be able to read mail that Exchange retrieves from POP
mailboxes, and send via an external SMTP account. Essentially, Exchange
maintains the information, but relies on the externally hosted domain & POP
accounts for the actual send and receive to the Internet.

I have seen references to adding a POP3 connector, but I can not find this
option, the CD does not appear to have this as an add on, and there is no
reference on the MS KB that I can find. I have the Exchange 2000 Pocket
reference, so I have detailed instructions on how to set up seach step, I
just need help to get pointed in the right direction. If possible, please e-
mail me in addition to replying to the group.

Thanks,

Troy Harnish

to reply, remove the "nospam."

Exchange 2K POP receive & Send help

Post by Gabriel Bor » Fri, 17 May 2002 23:40:37

I had this problem long ago in my company and looked for
imformation everywhere and finally I called Microsoft to
see if there were any solution for my problem. They told
me that at that moment there was no POP3 connector for
Microsoft Exchange 2000.
So I had to buy a pop3 connector from a third party.
Thats as far as I know.
Gabriel Bora.

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Sorry if this topic has been covered, but I reviewed

other posts, and could
Quote:>not find an answer that worked...

>I am hoping to use my Exchange 2000 Enterprise server
(SP1) to act as a
>go-between, between local users and a series of POP

mailboxes hosted on an
Quote:>external domain. Here is what I am running:

>Windows 2000 Advanced Server SP2
>Exchange 2000 Enterprise SP1
>XP clients with Outlook 2002
>Active Directory with internal DNS for the local domain,
references ISP DNS
>for public name resolution. No inbound name resolution
from the public
>internet.

>I need the users to be able to read mail that Exchange
retrieves from POP
>mailboxes, and send via an external SMTP account.

Essentially, Exchange
Quote:>maintains the information, but relies on the externally
hosted domain & POP
>accounts for the actual send and receive to the Internet.

>I have seen references to adding a POP3 connector, but I
can not find this
>option, the CD does not appear to have this as an add on,
and there is no
>reference on the MS KB that I can find. I have the

Exchange 2000 Pocket
>reference, so I have detailed instructions on how to set
up seach step, I
>just need help to get pointed in the right direction. If
possible, please e-
>mail me in addition to replying to the group.

>Thanks,

>Troy Harnish

>to reply, remove the "nospam."

>.

Exchange 2K POP receive & Send help

Post by Daniel Conli » Sat, 18 May 2002 00:12:26

The POP3 connector is only available as part of Small Business Server. Try
http://www.popbeamer.com/ it works well. Ultimately, you should be looking
to eliminate the POP mailboxes and use SMTP though.

> Sorry if this topic has been covered, but I reviewed other posts, and
could
> not find an answer that worked...

> I am hoping to use my Exchange 2000 Enterprise server (SP1) to act as a
> go-between, between local users and a series of POP mailboxes hosted on an
> external domain. Here is what I am running:

> Windows 2000 Advanced Server SP2
> Exchange 2000 Enterprise SP1
> XP clients with Outlook 2002
> Active Directory with internal DNS for the local domain, references ISP
DNS
> for public name resolution. No inbound name resolution from the public
> internet.

> I need the users to be able to read mail that Exchange retrieves from POP
> mailboxes, and send via an external SMTP account. Essentially, Exchange
> maintains the information, but relies on the externally hosted domain &
POP
> accounts for the actual send and receive to the Internet.

> I have seen references to adding a POP3 connector, but I can not find this
> option, the CD does not appear to have this as an add on, and there is no
> reference on the MS KB that I can find. I have the Exchange 2000 Pocket
> reference, so I have detailed instructions on how to set up seach step, I
> just need help to get pointed in the right direction. If possible, please
e-
> mail me in addition to replying to the group.

> Thanks,

> Troy Harnish

> to reply, remove the "nospam."

1. Exchange 2K POP receive & Send help

[...]

2. Quick Q

3. Retreiving & Sending POP mail, Exchange 2K

4. Linking to public folders VIA OWA - 5.5

5. Missing Internet Mail type in Address Book

6. Please help, How to set Exchange 5.5 to receive POP mail from other POP server

7. newsfeed

8. ***HELP - Exchange 2k not sending or Receiving Mail***

9. Help: exchange 2K can send mail but not receive

10. **HELP - Exchange 2k Not Sending or Receiving MAIL**

11. Unable to read sent & received faxes - HELP