Appending Text to Outbound E-mail

Post by Sean Empe » Fri, 27 Aug 1999 04:00:00

Question: I am using the IMS extension to append text to all outgoing SMTP
mail. You are suppossed to use RTF in a registry value. Well I am doing this
and the message shows up, but not the way I have it formatted. Any ideas?

example: \par\par\b This is the outbound appended disclaimer. \par This is
the second line \par\par\b0

the above should show the disclaimer in bold text, but as you can guess it
does not, it just shows the text normal

Thanks in advance for any help

Appending Text to Outbound E-mail

Post by Amiri Jon » Sat, 28 Aug 1999 04:00:00

Quote:>Question: I am using the IMS extension to append text to all outgoing
>SMTP mail. You are suppossed to use RTF in a registry value. Well I am
>doing this and the message shows up, but not the way I have it
>formatted. Any ideas?

>example: \par\par\b This is the outbound appended disclaimer. \par This
>is the second line \par\par\b0

>the above should show the disclaimer in bold text, but as you can guess
>it does not, it just shows the text normal

        Is the message actually being sent in RTF?  Download the message with
POP3 and use a program like Eudora to read it.  Look for an attachment
called WINMAIL.DAT.  If it's not there, RTF isn't being sent.  If RTF isn't
being sent, there's no way you can get bold text, or any other kind of
formatting, other than spacing, in the message.