Forward mail in Exchange??

Post by Truman Kon » Fri, 02 May 1997 04:00:00

Hi all,

In Unix, users can use a .forward file to redirect all mails from his
account to
any email account on the Internet. Can an exchange user do this??
How can it be done on Exchange 5.0?

Can the Exchange 5.0 Server do this for the user?

Rgds,
Truman.

Forward mail in Exchange??

Post by Dustin Smit » Fri, 02 May 1997 04:00:00

This can be done by setting up a custom recipient for the user's foreign
SMTP address. Then, go into the properties of the User's normal Exchange
Mailbox and there is an Alternate Recipient dialog that you can have all
mail sent to the Custom Recipient (the foreign SMTP address) or send copies
of the message to both.

A normal user would not be able to set this up, it would have to be done
from the Exchange Admin program, more than likely configured by the
administrator.

- Dustin

Quote:> Hi all,

> In Unix, users can use a .forward file to redirect all mails from his
> account to
> any email account on the Internet. Can an exchange user do this??
> How can it be done on Exchange 5.0?

> Can the Exchange 5.0 Server do this for the user?

> Rgds,
> Truman.

Forward mail in Exchange??

Post by Dennis Brazil [MV » Sat, 03 May 1997 04:00:00

In Addition to what dustin said , users can also setup their own rules with
the inbox assistant (should they want to do it w/o the admin's assistant).

>Hi all,

>In Unix, users can use a .forward file to redirect all mails from his
>account to
>any email account on the Internet. Can an exchange user do this??
>How can it be done on Exchange 5.0?

>Can the Exchange 5.0 Server do this for the user?

>Rgds,
>Truman.

--------------------------
The opinions expressed in this message are my own and do
not reflect the official views of NetiQ Corporation.

--------------------------
Dennis Brazil [MVP, MCP-Exchange]
Mgr, Technical Support

http://www.netiq.com
NetiQ Corporation
[Microsoft MVP]

Forward mail in Exchange??

Post by Allan Ballar » Sat, 03 May 1997 04:00:00

Denis,

I wish to install MS Exchange onto a remote NT workstation v4 pc at home so
as to check my office email over the weekends.

I am not certain what version of Exchange server we are running, but have
the following information.

The exe is Exchng32.exe size 83,776 bytes dated 3/11/96 version 4.00.837.6.

The opening splash screen states:
"MS Exchange for Win95 Version 4"

This is full Exchange, not MSMail.

So far, when I run the setup off our NT 3.5x server via DUN, it fails at
the 100% point, complaining about MPR.dll. I am told by the Lan techs here
it is only compatible with Win95. Is this so?

I have run setup using NT workstation with and without the current service
pack. Same lack of results each time.

I can run the setup on a spare home Win95 pc if absolutely necessary but am
hoping to install email on my NT pc.

I would appreciate any advice you may offer.

Allan Ballard

> In Addition to what dustin said , users can also setup their own rules
with
> the inbox assistant (should they want to do it w/o the admin's
assistant).

> >Hi all,

> >In Unix, users can use a .forward file to redirect all mails from his
> >account to
> >any email account on the Internet. Can an exchange user do this??
> >How can it be done on Exchange 5.0?

> >Can the Exchange 5.0 Server do this for the user?

> >Rgds,
> >Truman.

> --------------------------
> The opinions expressed in this message are my own and do
> not reflect the official views of NetiQ Corporation.

> --------------------------
> Dennis Brazil [MVP, MCP-Exchange]
> Mgr, Technical Support

> http://www.netiq.com
> NetiQ Corporation
> [Microsoft MVP]

Forward mail in Exchange??

Post by Dave Bus » Sat, 03 May 1997 04:00:00

> Hi all,

> In Unix, users can use a .forward file to redirect all mails from his
> account to
> any email account on the Internet. Can an exchange user do this??
> How can it be done on Exchange 5.0?

> Can the Exchange 5.0 Server do this for the user?

Truman,

Exchange 4.0 and Exchange 5.0 both have this feature, but it can be a
little confusing.

In Exchange Administrator, first set up a custom recipient with the
e-mail account on the Internet that you want to forward to.  Then,
double-click on your Exchange mailbox and go to the "Delivery Options"
tab.  At the bottom is "Alternate Recipient".  Click modify and put in
the internet account.  If you want to have a copy in both mailboxes,
check "Deliver messages to both recipient and alternate recipient".  You
may want to hide the Internet Custom Recipient from the GAL.

Although this feature is available, the naming is misleading.  It would
make a lot more sense if it were called "forwarding".

Dave Buss
on contract at Lehman Brothers
Jersey City, NJ
(right across the pond from Manhattan)

Forward mail in Exchange??

Post by Carrick Mundel » Sat, 10 May 1997 04:00:00

Thank you, thank you.  This is the answer I've been looking for!  I've
nearly pulled all my hair out over "forwarding" at the admin. level.  Who
would have guessed it would be so unintuitive :-)

1. Forward mail from Exchange client to MS Mail 3.2 client

The problem is the following :

When I forward multiple messages at once from the Win 95 Exchange Inbox
to an MS Mail 3.2 Client (Wfw 3.11), I get the following incoming
message in the MS Mail 3.2 Client :

<< MAPI 1.0 embedded message : 2086 in WINMAIL.DAT >><< MAPI 1.0
embedded message : 2087 in WINMAIL.DAT >>

The text itself is not received.
I don't have this problem when I forward the mails one by one.

A solution please,...

Xavier Vercoutere

2. connecting to pop3 mail server

3. Australian Contracts- Exchange/Internet/Groupware

4. Forwarding mail from Exchange to Internet

5. 2nd try: group calendaring in Exch 2K

6. forwarding mail from exchange

7. Exchange Server every week THU down

8. Forward mail from Exchange mailbox

9. forwarding mail form exchange 5.5 to an external mailaccout

10. Forwarding Mail in Exchange 2000??

11. Auto-forwarding mail in Exchange 5.5

12. Forward mail from Exchange mailbox