Relay SMTP Mails to different SMTP Adress

Relay SMTP Mails to different SMTP Adress

Post by Jan Scheide » Tue, 12 Dec 2000 21:34:04

Newbie Question:

I want to relay Incoming SMTP Mails to a different Recipient.
Example:

The best thing would be a textfile where I can configure the relaying for
any SMTP Adress.

Any suggestions?

Thanx
Jan Scheider

Relay SMTP Mails to different SMTP Adress

Post by Chris Scharff [MVP » Tue, 12 Dec 2000 23:14:05

On Mon, 11 Dec 2000 13:34:04 +0100,  strategically shaved monkeys

>Newbie Question:

>I want to relay Incoming SMTP Mails to a different Recipient.
>Example:

>The best thing would be a textfile where I can configure the relaying for
>any SMTP Adress.

>Any suggestions?

The IMS routing tab in the Exchange admin perhaps?
--
Chris Scharff
Simpler-Webb, Inc.

1. SMTP Connector with SMTP Virtual Server with different SMTP port does not work

I have a Backend FrontEnd Exchange environment and the FrontEnd Server is
going to be used as a bridgehead server for SMTP.

To use the FrontEnd as a SMTP bridgehead server I configured a SMTP
Connector that uses the FrontEnd SMTP Virtual Server as a bridgehead server.
Since I'm also running Trend Micro Virus Wall on the SMTP Frontend Server I
changed the SMTP port used by SMTP Virtual Server to 6000 ( I only have one
Network adapter ). So, the final configuration that I have is:

- Exchange 2000 SMTP Virtual Server working on port 6000
- TrendMicro Virus Wall working on port 25

With this configuration when I send an email to the internet the SMTP
Connector always sends ther mail to the port 25 instead of using the
Frontend SMTP Virtual Server port 6000. Is this the normal behavor or a bug?

Is this is the normal behavor why should we configure the SMTP Connector to
use a specific SMTP Virtual Server as a bridgehead server?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Regards,

Alexandre Costa

2. Fax with on screen edit & forward & Exch integration

3. Admin and Inbox priv's

4. How to Configure the IIS 5 SMTP Service to Relay SMTP Mail

5. 2 HARD questions

6. How can I relay mail to different mail relay hosts

7. programming "Send As "

8. sending external mails through exchange 5.5 with one and only smtp adress

9. Problem with Answer-Adress and SP2 when receiving SMTP Mail over an X.400 connection

10. sending external mails through exchange 5.5 with one and only smtp adress

11. Need Help: Using Win2K SMTP Service as SMTP relay for Exchange2K

12. route mail to different smtp hosts if the domain name is local