Preventing users seeing details in user properties

Preventing users seeing details in user properties

Post by Oliver Marshal » Sat, 04 May 2002 18:53:08

Hi,

I have had a complaint from a user that everyone can see his personal
details if they double click his name in Outlook address book. He would
rather that people didnt know his details.

Is it possible to limit this kind of information, so that people can only
see his name and perhaps work related stuff, but only certain people being
able to see his home information ?

Olly

Preventing users seeing details in user properties

Post by Ronen Gabba » Sat, 04 May 2002 22:00:01

You can do it using the Active Directory users and computers
You can deny the users read permissions to the attributes you do not
want them to see.( be careful not to deny the everyone group those
permission , you are a part of this group )

--
Please do not send email directly to this alias.

Ronen Gabbay   MCT   MCSE+I   MCDBA
Hi-Tech College
ISRAEL

Quote:> Hi,

> I have had a complaint from a user that everyone can see his personal
> details if they double click his name in Outlook address book. He would
> rather that people didnt know his details.

> Is it possible to limit this kind of information, so that people can only
> see his name and perhaps work related stuff, but only certain people being
> able to see his home information ?

> Olly

1. Exchange 5.5 and those new Outlook Security Patches preventing user from seeing attachments

Hi All!

I just installed the new SP for Office 2000, and now I cannot save some types of attachments from an email. It's ok if it is an exe
file, since they are dangerous these days, and nobody sends exe files via email anymore, but fx MS Access database is not reachable
if sent to an updated Outlook.

How does one set up attachment file extensions in Exch 5.5 to work together with the new Outlook Security Patches (preventing user
from seeing attachments)?

For the time being I use the following work-arround: I import the Outlook Inbox folder into Outlook Express, and then I disable this
security feature in OE, thus enabling an attachment to be saved.

Is there a simpler solution?

Thanx in advance!

Regards,

               Zoran

2. Groupwise 6.0.1 to Exchange 5.5 migration

3. Exchange Transaction Logs

4. User details (properties) in global addressbook not shown exchange 5.5 SP4

5. Private Store Size Not Updating?

6. Preventing a user from emailing outside of the property

7. report of messages

8. 5.5 users not seeing all Exchange 2000 users.

9. CAN OUTLOOK USER, CHANGE GAL USER PROPERTIES

10. Exchange / Mailbox properties missing from Active Direcotry user properties

11. Property Tag for User Defined Property