Importing CSV file with PH #'s

Post by Jim M » Thu, 09 Jan 2003 02:37:43

Hello All,

I have currently a global address list with no phone #s in
it and a contact list with first name last name and phone
#.  How do I export/import/whatever the phone #s into the
global address list from the contacts list?  The name
spellings are the same as far as I can tell.

Thanks!

Jim

Importing CSV file with PH #'s

Post by William Lefkovics [MVP » Thu, 09 Jan 2003 10:23:17

Exchange 5.5?  Exchange 2000?

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;en-us;q155414

http://www.microsoft.com/WINDOWS2000/techinfo/planning/activedirector...
teps.asp

--
William Lefkovics, MCSE, A+, ExchangeMVP

Quote:> Hello All,

> I have currently a global address list with no phone #s in
> it and a contact list with first name last name and phone
> #.  How do I export/import/whatever the phone #s into the
> global address list from the contacts list?  The name
> spellings are the same as far as I can tell.

> Thanks!

> Jim

1. Directory Import with *.csv files doesn't work

Hi,

In new recipient containers that I created I am trying to import the
addresses from excel files in a *.csv format.
From five *.csv files I have only one worked.
I either recieve the error message :"Unable to create object....because one
or more objects in the directory  do not exist."
Or the error message "Unable to process object... because the import line
must contain the same number of fields as the header line. 13 were
expected. 12 were found."

I've checked the knowledge base and tried formating the empty cells, which
didn't seem to help.
I've pasted the failing addresses in the import file that worked. But that
didn't help either.
I have about 1500 hundred addresses I'd have to key in if this doesn't
work.
Has anybody experienced this before??
Please help me.

Thx

Oliver

2. OL2000 Error

3. Importing *.csv file contacts - Zip Code - doesn't work

4. ExMerge issue

5. csv import doesn't import NT account

6. Exchange server using 100% cpu time

7. csv import doesn't import NT account info

8. Multiple domain names on the same server

9. Automate Importing CSV file into contacts Public Folder

10. Importing a CSV file into a public contacts list

11. Exporting/Importing Mailboxes data with an API instead of a CSV File

12. Need to import csv file to shared address book

13. Import/Export of Old 5.5 Containers and new CSV files