Troubles with Outlook 98 and Exchange Server 5.5 (only a few clients connect)

Troubles with Outlook 98 and Exchange Server 5.5 (only a few clients connect)

Post by Bren » Sat, 22 May 1999 04:00:00

Do you have enough CALs to accomodate that many clients? Is it only a
few specific clients that can connect, or is it only a few at a time? If
it's a few at a time, it definitely sounds like CALs. If it's only a few
specific, then I would examine the configuration of the clients that
cannot connect. Are they able to get in using Web Access? I would
imagine, though, that after setting up 50 clients, you would have a
pretty good idea as to how the setup goes. Keep us posted.

Brent

>  Hi !I have a troubles in connecting some Outlook 98 clients to my
> Exchange Server 5.5All machines run with Win98 and we work on a small
> network (50 PC).Only a few clients are able to connect to Exhange
> server to see public folders, while the others are not able to get a
> connection.All the clients are able to get mail from our server (the
> same which runs Exchange) on which was installed MS Proxy Server, as
> we have just one duoble ISDN internet line to be shared from the
> clients.Someone has an idea on how to solve this
> trouble??? Thanks,Ralph

Troubles with Outlook 98 and Exchange Server 5.5 (only a few clients connect)

Post by Kirill S. Palagi » Wed, 26 May 1999 04:00:00

Setup different services in DIFFERENT e-mail profiles. Point them to the
same .pst.

>  Clients causing me troubles are the ones which had, before I
> installed Outlook 98,  an Outlook Express setup with more than one
> internet e-mail address properly working.Clients with no internet
> e-mail address work fine with Exchange Server.If I remove from the
> first kind of clients the Internet Mail Service, they properly connect
> to the server, but I lose all the mail coming from other e-mail
> address different from the one set up into the server.What should I
> do? Thanks,Ralph

1. Some Outlook 98 clients don't connect to Exchange Server 5.5

Hi !
I have a troubles in connecting some Outlook 98 clients to my Exchange
Server 5.5
All machines run with Win98 and we work on a small network (50 PC).
Only a few clients are able to connect to Exhange server to see public
folders, while the others are not able to get a connection.
All the clients are able to get mail from our server (the same which
runs Exchange) on which was installed MS Proxy Server, as we have just
one duoble ISDN internet line to be shared from the clients.
Someone has an idea on how to solve this trouble???

Thanks,
Ralph

2. does exchange 4.0 support POP3

3. Chinese Exchange 2000?

4. Some Outlook 98 clients don't connect to my Exchange Server 5.5

5. "Personal Folders" won't go away

6. Outlook 98 clients cannot connect to exchange server after installing proxy client 2.0

7. Open recepient mailbox for checking emails

8. Connecting Outlook 98 client to Exchange server through a Firewall

9. Outlook 98 clients can't connect to local Exchange server when WAN link is down

10. Connecting Outlook 98 client to Exchange server through a Firewall

11. Outlook 98 clients can't connect to local Exchange server when WAN link is down

12. Connecting Outlook 98 client to Exchange server through a Firewall