Only the domain name for the email server instead of machine name .domain name/exchange

Only the domain name for the email server instead of machine name .domain name/exchange

Post by sand » Sun, 13 Apr 2003 18:47:07

Hi guys,

I have a machine name "a" and the domain name is "xyz.com". I have installed
the exchange appl on this machine, which is also the domain controller. in
normal terms if anyone wants to access his email thru OWA, will have to type
"a.xyz.com/exchange". My question is that instead is this long naming
convention can there be a short URL for the mail server. if yes please do
let me know.

Thanks

Regards

sandy

Post by Shai Netane » Tue, 15 Apr 2003 16:28:23

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Hi guys,

>I have a machine name "a" and the domain name

is "xyz.com". I have installed
Quote:>the exchange appl on this machine, which is also the

domain controller. in
Quote:>normal terms if anyone wants to access his email thru

OWA, will have to type
Quote:>"a.xyz.com/exchange". My question is that instead is this
long naming
>convention can there be a short URL for the mail server.
if yes please do
>let me know.

>Thanks

>Regards

>sandy

>hi

you can create a opening page for your website and create
a link to the OWA
you also can publish your opening web page in the internet
dns With any name you want to
Shai
Quote:

>.

1. Setting-up email domain name and Website domain name

Hi I am working in a very small company, and at the moment
all our emails are being set though an ISP, so everybody's

MyEmailName.ISPname.com.  If people search for our website
on google.com it won't show, because it's not advertised
(how do I do that?).  All I want to do is give us a proper

our website will be www.companyname.com and advertised on
google.com yahoo.com etc......so how is this done?  I can
install Exchange no problem, so can you please advise me
on this as I'm sure it's simple and I don't want to spend
useless money on a consultant coming in..... ;-)

Thanks for your time

Andy

2. OWA Log on Locally

3. how to use different domain name for email than the name of the win2k domain

4. Joining a new Org

5. Server Domain Name vs Registered Domain Name

6. Exchange client

7. Exchange Tasks Options

8. Changing machine name & domain name

9. My server name has become part of the email domain name

10. Hiding Domain name site name and recipient lists names in the Outlook address book list