X400 Stack Add On

Post by David Dempse » Wed, 20 Jun 2001 03:50:44

My company has two site connected by a  VPN.  We want to link the two
Exchange servers.  However the company has the standard version, so there is
no x400 stack.

Is there an add on to add the x400 stack?  Or is there another way to link
the two servers.  Please note each office is its own NT 4 domain. There is a
bidirectional trust between the two.

David Dempsey

X400 Stack Add On

Post by Steve » Wed, 20 Jun 2001 05:14:43

David,
    Since you all ready have Exchange 5.5, you have the ability to link
these servers, standard editions, with Site Connectors.  You can run Site
Connectors over a VPN if you configure the Exchange Servers properly.  You
may want to limit them to specific RPC ports per this article below.
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q148/7/32.asp  XADM:
Setting TCP/IP Port Numbers for Internet Firewalls.
Then you have to configure your firewall/VPN servers to permit communication
between those 2 servers on those specified ports you choose to configure,
along with port 135 for RPC.
Or you can try some Microsoft resellers to see if they are still carrying
the X.400 Connectors for sale for Exchange 5.5, but I think they may not be.
If you do find them, post here, I may be interested as well.  If you do the
X.400 connectors, you have fewer ports (TCP102) to let through the
firewall/VPN.  The X.400 connectors will not care about the trust once they
are built, they use their own security (i.e. none unless defined).
Basically the MTA for each server can be configured for a password, but by
default they are not.  That is especially nice for when you do NOT want to
have a permanent trust between the 2 domains.
Stever

Quote:> My company has two site connected by a  VPN.  We want to link the two
> Exchange servers.  However the company has the standard version, so there
is
> no x400 stack.

> Is there an add on to add the x400 stack?  Or is there another way to link
> the two servers.  Please note each office is its own NT 4 domain. There is
> bidirectional trust between the two.

> David Dempsey

1. X400 TCP/IP MTA Transport Stack

 I am trying to set up X400 connectors between my sites. I have them
installed, but having trouble configuring them. Is there any one out there
that can provide a step by step guide to help me out.

Exchange 5.5 sp4
WinNT 4.0 sp6a
Thank you for any help
Tom Casull

2. global address list

3. Unable to install X400 Stack -urgent

4. how to bind exchange service to an ip address?

5. X400 TCP/IP MTA Transport Stack

6. smtp and nntp directories

7. Exchange sending mail as html

8. Configuring x400 connector stack

9. Installing x400 stack

10. x400: TCP/IP stack not offered when creating new connector

11. X400 TCP/IP MTA Transport Stack

12. Unable to install X400 Stack -urgent