Q: Mailbox Message Size Restrictions?

Post by John Svazi » Thu, 16 Mar 2000 04:00:00

If I create message size restrictions in Exchange, and I use Exchange
as a SMTP server, will those size restrictions hold, or will they only
be recognized by Outlook? The same goes for mailbox sizes. Thanks!

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Q: Mailbox Message Size Restrictions?

Post by Kirill S. Palagi » Thu, 16 Mar 2000 04:00:00

That depends where you impose size restrictions. You can do this on
1. Mailbox
2. MTA
3. Connector level.

--
If you feel that anything in my post needs correction - feel free to do so
(in group).

Kirill

Post by Rich Matheisen [MVP » Fri, 17 Mar 2000 04:00:00

>If I create message size restrictions in Exchange, and I use Exchange
>as a SMTP server, will those size restrictions hold, or will they only
>be recognized by Outlook? The same goes for mailbox sizes. Thanks!

If the restriction is placed on the IMS then it applies to all SMTP
messages, even those that are relayed.

------------------
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

1. Size restriction problem where there's no restriction

We are having a strange problem receiving email with large
attachments eventho we don't have any size restriction on
the server, mailboxes or the firewall.

Any files that are sent over 900K just disappear.  They
never reach the firewall (Astaro),(at least it's not
logged) nor do it reach the mailboxes.

Save sent records are recorded from the sending mail box.

Our ISP only points our mail to the server, they don't
regulate the size of it.  Has anyone seen anything like
this?  Or can make suggestions to help our problem?

2. NDR - Protocol Error

3. Exchange message size restriction

4. ADC

5. Mailbox size restrictions

6. Does Exchange Have LIST SERVER Functions

7. message size restriction and warnings to users

8. help

9. Message size Restriction

10. mailbox size restrictions

11. Global message size restrictions?

12. message/attachment size restrictions

13. Message Size Restrictions on 5.5...