Error 2140: An internal Windows NT error occurred

Error 2140: An internal Windows NT error occurred

Post by Dougla » Wed, 13 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Does anyone know what could be causing the Error 2140 when I try to start
the Microsoft Exchange Event Service?   It's not started yet the account
logon is correct... it is the same as the other Exchange services.

I can't seem to find a reference to this Error in any of my Exchange books
or Microsoft Knowledge Base support.

Thanks,
Doug

Error 2140: An internal Windows NT error occurred

Post by Ron Spadafora - MC » Wed, 13 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Try looking in the Applications log in event viewer (not the system
log) for an explanation of why.

Quote:>Does anyone know what could be causing the Error 2140 when I try to start
>the Microsoft Exchange Event Service?   It's not started yet the account
>logon is correct... it is the same as the other Exchange services.

>I can't seem to find a reference to this Error in any of my Exchange books
>or Microsoft Knowledge Base support.

>Thanks,
>Doug

Ronald J. Spadafora, Jr. - MCSE

1. Error 2140: An internal Windows NT error occurred

Hi ALL,

Anyone experiance this issues and have a quick fix? I'm running Winnt4.0
Server SP6, Exchange Server 5.5 SP3.
My Exchange Event Service fail each time I try to restart it. It give me an
error below. Beside this issue, My Exchange Server is running fine.
But this issues have to be correct.

Could not start the Microsoft Exchange Event Service services on
\\Domainname
Error 2140: An internal Windows NT error occurred.

Before I try MS recommendation on:

Q190993 & Q270855

Oh...could this be my backup program ARCserveIT 6.61 causing this. I must
readed on this group, that very similar issues.

Thank you in advance for your advices.
Now on to trouble shooting time=)

Cheer!
Chris

2. OWA + Cluster

3. Error 2140: An internal Windows NT Error occurred

4. Accessing messages....

5. Error 2140: Internal Windows NT error

6. High memory usage

7. Error 2140: An internal Windows NT error.....

8. how to leave messages on server

9. Error 2140 Internal Windows NT Error ( German Version)

10. starting MTA Error 2140: An internal Windows NT error occurred"

11. Starting ME Internet Mail Service gives error 2140 (Internal Windows Error)

12. error 2140: an Internal NT error occured