Renaming Exchange newsgroups?

Post by Bob Fillmor » Thu, 20 Aug 1998 04:00:00

I have an Exchange 5.0 public folder that I want to publish as
an Internet newsgroup.  I added it to the list of public folders
to make available via NNTP, but the administration utility
chose a newsgroup name for me- I want to change this name
so that it fits into an existing newsgroup heirarchy on our main
news server.  Specifically, I want to change the name "Exchange"
to "nrcan.email.exchange".   Is there any way to do this?
Thanks for any help.

--
Bob Fillmore, Technical Services Division       email:

  Information Management Branch,
  Natural Resources Canada,                     Voice: (613) 992-2832
  580 Booth St., Ottawa, Ont., Canada  K1A 0E4  FAX:   (613) 996-2953

1. Renaming Exchange newsgroups?

I have an Exchange 5.0 public folder that I want to publish as
an Internet newsgroup.  I added it to the list of public folders
to make available via NNTP, but the administration utility
chose a newsgroup name for me- I want to change this name
so that it fits into an existing newsgroup heirarchy on our main
news server.  Specifically, I want to change the name "Exchange"
to "nrcan.email.exchange".   Is there any way to do this?
Thanks for any help.

--
Bob Fillmore, Technical Services Division       email:

  Information Management Branch,
  Natural Resources Canada,                     Voice: (613) 992-2832
  580 Booth St., Ottawa, Ont., Canada  K1A 0E4  FAX:   (613) 996-2953

2. Recepient Policies

3. Renaming "Internet Newsgroups" public folder

4. Newsfeeds

5. Folders under Internet Newsgroups which aren't newsgroups

6. Moving Database files

7. Exchange 2000 upgrade / Rename Exchange Server

8. WebDAV SEARCH requests not working

9. Removing/Renaming E-Forms in Exchange

10. Rename Exchange 2000 Server ?

11. Rename Exchange

12. Renaming Exchange 2000 Server Name

13. Rename exchange folder programmatically?