SMTP Relay

Post by scot » Thu, 20 Aug 1998 04:00:00

I am trying to SMTP mail accross proxy server to my exchange server. Some of
the related documentation suggests adding an smtp relay service on my proxy
server. Is this the best method for accomplishing my goal? If not what is?
And can anyone recommend a freeware program that would do this?

SMTP Relay

Post by Suresh Babu Kandot » Thu, 20 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Please refer Q181420
 How to Configure Exchange or Other SMTP with Proxy Server

Point your browser to http://support.microsoft.com

--
Greetings & Wishes

Suresh Babu Kandoth

ADITI Corp
www.aditi.com

1. SMTP relay not relaying

helo...

I have an SMTP virtual server that is setup to only aceept TLS connections.
It
is supposed to relay for anyone who can successfully authenticate.  It
doesn't.
Whenever I connect, I can send&receive fine, but as soon as my outgoing mail
(external to my domain) hits the server it bounces back with a 550 5.7.1
Unable
to relay for ...

In my SMTP connector, I have the Address Space set to *, and have checked
the box
for Allow messages to be relayed to these domains.  There are no delivery
restrictions.

I don't see why it won't relay for clients who are authenticated.  The SMTP
connector is setup wide open, should allow anyone to connect and send to
anyone ... then the SMTP virtual server that the SMTP connector points to is
more
granular, but it should allow any authenticated client full range to send to
anyone.

Any tips or ideas will be greatly appreciated.

--
Andrew Hinkley

2. SBS 4.0 <=> E-mail throught an ISDN Rooter

3. Need Help: Using Win2K SMTP Service as SMTP relay for Exchange2K

4. Are there alternatives to Exchange

5. Disabling smtp relays also disallows pocket pc outlook?

6. Public Folder Conflict Messages

7. SMTP RELAY <<<<<<<<<<<<<,

8. Exchange Administrator?

9. SMTP relaying problems

10. Is SMTP Relay Restriction Working Properly

11. how to setup smtp relaying

12. Cannot Block Open SMTP Relaying.

13. SMTP Relay Problem?