purged user accounts...

Post by rust » Thu, 08 May 2003 06:48:32

About 3 months ago I deleted a large number of old user
accounts from Active Directory.  I then went into Excahnge
System Manager and purged the corresponding mailboxes.
The problem is that I still have not seen the Private info
store drop in size.  Any idea how long Exchange waits to
purge that information from the Database?  Also, if 3
months is longer than the default time, any ideas as to
what I can do to fix the problem?

Thanks,

Rusty

purged user accounts...

Post by raymon » Thu, 08 May 2003 13:00:20

u can wait for a online deferagment or u can use the offline deferagment
manually!

Quote:> About 3 months ago I deleted a large number of old user
> accounts from Active Directory.  I then went into Excahnge
> System Manager and purged the corresponding mailboxes.
> The problem is that I still have not seen the Private info
> store drop in size.  Any idea how long Exchange waits to
> purge that information from the Database?  Also, if 3
> months is longer than the default time, any ideas as to
> what I can do to fix the problem?

> Thanks,

> Rusty

purged user accounts...

Post by simon Whal » Thu, 08 May 2003 20:13:44

to recover space you will need to perform an offline defrag using the
eseutil with the /d flag.  the online defrag will only tidy the database up,
not recover unused space.

Simon Whale

> u can wait for a online deferagment or u can use the offline deferagment
> manually!

> > About 3 months ago I deleted a large number of old user
> > accounts from Active Directory.  I then went into Excahnge
> > System Manager and purged the corresponding mailboxes.
> > The problem is that I still have not seen the Private info
> > store drop in size.  Any idea how long Exchange waits to
> > purge that information from the Database?  Also, if 3
> > months is longer than the default time, any ideas as to
> > what I can do to fix the problem?

> > Thanks,

> > Rusty

1. Purge unused OWA accounts

Hello

I've sent before a message for asking if there is any way to restrict OWA
users. The help worked (thanks to Neil and Ronnen).

However, there is a lot of folders created in the exchange directory of IIS
for nothing ..... And it causes trouble (error 404 if we log with an
restricted account).

So I would like to know if there is any way to purge those folder in order
to avoid thoses errors.

Thank you

2. Rich Text Formats.

3. How I can delete/purge some messages in mail box of user

4. Exchange 5.5 restricting users mailbox

5. Disabling users from purging messages

6. CDO Question

7. Disallowing user from Purging Deleted messages

8. IMS doesn't start on 5.5

9. purging users

10. Stop users from purging

11. Auto-purging users Deleted Items folder

12. delete user and purge mailbox

13. Prohibiting users from purging deleted items