Going from evaluation copy to Licenced copy of Exchange 5.5

Going from evaluation copy to Licenced copy of Exchange 5.5

Post by Bradley Haye » Fri, 28 May 1999 04:00:00

I have attempted to reinstall my exchange server as the 120day evaluation
period has expired.

Copied pub.edb and priv.edb plus dir.edb and other files......

My problem is that I have tried to setup the server properly with nice and
tidy login etc.. and I put the files back into the right place and now the
Information service does not start generates an error 1011

Also if I add in the dir.edb file and start the admin software all my
distribution lists etc are OK but I get a message telling me that my
evalution period has expired, and this is on the fully licenced copy......

?????

Going from evaluation copy to Licenced copy of Exchange 5.5

Post by Kirill S. Palagi » Fri, 28 May 1999 04:00:00

You was supposed to install Retail version over Eval. This would preserve all
data, settings etc.

> I have attempted to reinstall my exchange server as the 120day evaluation
> period has expired.

> Copied pub.edb and priv.edb plus dir.edb and other files......

> My problem is that I have tried to setup the server properly with nice and
> tidy login etc.. and I put the files back into the right place and now the
> Information service does not start generates an error 1011

What is the full info from event (Category, Description, Type, Source)?
Quote:

> Also if I add in the dir.edb file and start the admin software all my
> distribution lists etc are OK but I get a message telling me that my
> evalution period has expired, and this is on the fully licenced copy......

> ?????

1. Migrating from Evaluation copy of Exchange Server 5.5 to liscensed version

You will need to put Exchange server CD in the drive and run setup.exe.
 Choose Reinstall All.
Then apply current SP.
Have backup first.

--
Intel is trying to spoil AMD by pressuring motherboard makers.
Say YES to AMD at

Thanks.

Kirill S. Palagin

2. open file error when applying SP2 to 5.5

3. Exchange 5.5 evaluation copy?

4. ha, can you help me out?

5. Exchange 5.5 evaluation copy

6. Client 5.x

7. copy of exchange server 5.5 or eval copy?

8. Auto adding signatures

9. 5.5 on 2000 Server evaluation copy

10. Intalling Exchange server 2003 over evaluation copy of it

11. Exchange 2000 Evaluation Copy

12. exchange 2000 evaluation copy

13. exchange 5.0 trial evaluation copy