Createing more Mail address for different domain sites.

Createing more Mail address for different domain sites.

Post by Terr » Sat, 24 Nov 2001 09:38:28

Hi to all
I was wondering how to add more then one domain site to
Exchange 2000 server to get Mail setup for different web
sites that I am hosting. I thank all that rely in helping
me with my problem.

Terry

Createing more Mail address for different domain sites.

Post by fusio » Sat, 24 Nov 2001 10:25:07

Through Active Directory :

Left click and properties on Active Directory Domains and Trusts  and   add
the domain name press ok::

After go to AD users and computers :  then add the user , the new domain
should avail when u choose to add new user.

Post by Rich Matheisen [MVP » Sat, 24 Nov 2001 13:17:30

>I was wondering how to add more then one domain site to
>Exchange 2000 server to get Mail setup for different web
>sites that I am hosting. I thank all that rely in helping
>me with my problem.

Exchange deals with this through the Recipient Policies. The e-mail
domains that you want Exchange to accept must appear in a Recipient
Policy, even if that policy isn't applied to any objects (i.e. the
LDAP filter is empty).

XCON: SMTP Domains for Inbound and Relay in Exchange 2000 [Q260973]

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

Createing more Mail address for different domain sites.

Post by Terr » Sun, 25 Nov 2001 11:57:29

Hi Fusion

I did what you said here and it worked I was able to see
the new address in the window like you said. How ever
after creating the new user account I tried to send mail
to the new address but it was returned to me saying that
the exchange server wasn't set up right..is there anything
else that I might have to do to get it working. When I set
the first one up which was used the server everything set
up and it worked right away. Thank you or anyone that
might be able to help me with what I am doing wrong.

Terry

Quote:>Left click and properties on Active Directory Domains and
Trusts  and   add
>the domain name press ok::

>After go to AD users and computers :  then add the user ,
the new domain
>should avail when u choose to add new user.

>.

1. Accessing resource across different Sites and different Domains

Question:

Site 'A' has a two-way-trust with Site 'B'.
Site 'A' also has site connector with Site 'B'.

Site 'B' has a two-way-trust with Site 'C'.
Site 'B' also has site connector with Site 'C'.

Can the users in Site 'A' share their Calendars and Public Folders with
the users in Site 'C' without having a NT trust relationship?

If not, is that trust relationship all that's necessary? (Do they need a
site connector or anything else?)

Thanks,

Kevin Fletcher

2. Mailbox Manager

3. Can different Exchange sites be in different domains?

4. Exchange on a Domain Controller

5. Exchange 2000 - E-mail address with different e-mail domain

6. How to edit size limit notification messages?

7. Moving mail between two sites in different domains

8. Multiple Email Acounts

9. routing mail to different machine, different domain, private IP's

10. Migrating mailboxes from a different Domain, different site, different organization, different server.

11. Forwarding Domain mail to a different Domain

12. Exch55/2K Same Site, Different Domains?

13. Join an existing site - different domain