Hiding Contact (Simple question - I hope)

Hiding Contact (Simple question - I hope)

Post by Alla » Sat, 01 Dec 2001 05:24:25

I have several people I added as contacts.
They were added on the E2K server under AD, users and computers.
I am running a E2K server on W2Kserver, with SP2.  I have NOT yet added SP1
to E2K.

Is there a way to hide contacts showing up in the GAL?

Thanks

Allan

Hiding Contact (Simple question - I hope)

Post by Ron Stewar » Sat, 01 Dec 2001 09:27:15

You bet! First, in AD U&C, go to the View menu and activate Advanced
Features. Then you can go to the properties of the contact and on the
Exchange Advanced tab, check the "Hide from Exchange address lists" box.
--

Ron Stewart
MCSE+I, MCT

Quote:> I have several people I added as contacts.
> They were added on the E2K server under AD, users and computers.
> I am running a E2K server on W2Kserver, with SP2.  I have NOT yet added
SP1
> to E2K.

> Is there a way to hide contacts showing up in the GAL?

> Thanks

> Allan

1. Simple (I hope) question (Multiple POP3 Clients)

I have recently joined a new company, and the existing Network Admin has
asked me to come up with a way that we can provide mail to multiple clients
from our exchange server at Co-Lo.

What he wants me to do, is come up with a solution where (with as little
effort as possible) we can set up mail addressed to multiple domains such as

company X.  These clients would NOT have their own user accounts in AD.

Since I admittedly have NO experience with Exchange 2000, I do not know if
this is possible or not, but from what I have seen on-line I do not think it
is.

If anyone has any valid information that pertains to this problem, please
feel free to reply.

If it is possible and you have a moment pass me on to the appropriate tech
document or write a quick procedure, I would imagine if it was possible it
would be easy.

Thank you for you time.

2. Exchance server?

3. Simple Question (I Hope!)

4. Renaming an Exchange server

5. 3 simple exchange questions...I hope!

6. New mail notification

7. New to Exchange 2000 - simple question (I Hope!)

8. No email address listed

9. Simple (I hope) question (Multiple POP3 Clients)

10. 3 simple exchange questions...I hope!

11. Simple question - I hope