Scanning for macro and other viruses in email attachments

Scanning for macro and other viruses in email attachments

Post by Homer Simps » Wed, 24 Dec 1997 04:00:00

Can anyone recommend a good solution (based on experiance not marketing
materials) for a package that will scan all attached files for viruses before
delivering them?

Here's what I'd _like_ to have:

Intellegent scan (.DOC files only scanned for embedded .exe files and macro
viruses)

EMail notification of email admin, sender and intended recipient.

Low memory and CPU hit (less than 5%)

Anyone know of a package that fits the bill?

TIA

Scanning for macro and other viruses in email attachments

Post by Jule » Tue, 30 Dec 1997 04:00:00

HiYa,
I have used ThunderByte Anti-Virus for Exchange- it's GR8!!

--
Regards
Julian

>Can anyone recommend a good solution (based on experiance not marketing
>materials) for a package that will scan all attached files for viruses
before
>delivering them?

>Here's what I'd _like_ to have:

>Intellegent scan (.DOC files only scanned for embedded .exe files and macro
>viruses)

>EMail notification of email admin, sender and intended recipient.

>Low memory and CPU hit (less than 5%)

>Anyone know of a package that fits the bill?

>TIA

Scanning for macro and other viruses in email attachments

Post by Matthew Bowle » Thu, 01 Jan 1998 04:00:00

Dr Solomon's have recently released a server solution specifically for
Exchange. Can't make any recommendations, but if it works like the rest of
their stuff, it should be perfect.

>Can anyone recommend a good solution (based on experiance not marketing
>materials) for a package that will scan all attached files for viruses
before
>delivering them?

>Here's what I'd _like_ to have:

>Intellegent scan (.DOC files only scanned for embedded .exe files and macro
>viruses)

>EMail notification of email admin, sender and intended recipient.

>Low memory and CPU hit (less than 5%)

>Anyone know of a package that fits the bill?

>TIA

1. Virus Scan Trend Micro Virus Scan or McAfee Groupshield

Hello,

we are considering buying virus scan software for the Exchange Server
(currently on Exchange 5.5/NT 4, but migration to Exchange 2000 on Win2K
planned this year).

After a qucik survey, we will decide either to buy Trend Micro Virus Scan or
McAfee Groupshield.Does any one have some advice (good experience, bad one -
heard about this programs)?

Any kind of information would be helpful.

Markus Zindler

2. New to exhange need advice.

3. Exchange server anti virus scan attachments?

4. Cannot Repply to Message on OWA. Does anybody know?

5. Scanning incoming mail attachments for Viruses?

6. hundreds of remaining items in mailbox after cleaning it..

7. Email Encryption and Virus Scanning

8. Exchange Server tries to dequeue every SMTP server

9. Email content security & virus scanning

10. Internet Email Virus Scanning Gateway

11. Virus scanning emails sent from OWA

12. Macro virus in Priv.edb