Filtering email sent by an email address

Filtering email sent by an email address

Post by Ben Walmsle » Sat, 15 Dec 2001 07:55:00

Some of my users are receiving malicious emails from an internet mail
address. I want to recieve these emails for further action, but not subject
my users to their contents. Does anyone know how I can filter this address
on my Exchange 5.5 server into a specified mailbox??

Thanks,
Ben Walmsley

Filtering email sent by an email address

Post by Eric Hanse » Sat, 15 Dec 2001 13:07:21

Mimesweeper (the product)

Natively in Exchange, sorry i dont.  I only know how to
block them.

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Some of my users are receiving malicious emails from an
internet mail
>address. I want to recieve these emails for further

action, but not subject
Quote:>my users to their contents. Does anyone know how I can
filter this address
>on my Exchange 5.5 server into a specified mailbox??

>Thanks,
>Ben Walmsley

>.

Filtering email sent by an email address

Post by Sarah Hetric » Sun, 16 Dec 2001 00:19:25

You could have Exchange block that address, but have it save the messages to
the turf directory. I know, that's not a mailbox, but you would be able to
keep track of what came in and when.

Quote:> Mimesweeper (the product)

> Natively in Exchange, sorry i dont.  I only know how to
> block them.

1. Exchange 2000 filtering of incoming emails by email address

Hi,

Have anyone try the filtering feature in Exchange 2000?  I've entered an
address within Global Settings > Message Delivery > Filtering (with Archive
filtered messages and Accept messages without notifying sender of filtering
checked) But it seems that message from the address I've set to filter still
came through...

In- addition, I've also created a dummy address that I would like to filter
and added in Connectors > Domain > Delivery Restrictions Tab (added in
Reject message from) and still things does not seems to work either....

One thing I've not done is to restart the services...

Have anyone successfully enable filtering in Exchange?  Could you advise
which of these works and how could I make it work?

Thanks
PH

2. Public Tasks

3. Email address which also sends email as a fax

4. questions on internet email relay, spam, ex2k server

5. Getting NDR errors when sending emails to some external email addresses

6. rerouting a users mail to a new mail domain

7. How to send email to external email address

8. Exchange 5.5 Service Pack 3 - Does it Support JIS??

9. Exchange 5.5- Send email to alternate email address after a certain time in the

10. remote user cannot send emails to other emails addresses like yahoo or hotmail

11. cannot send email to one particular email address.

12. Deny sending email to one external email address or domain

13. cannot send email to some email addresses