How can i read exchange.ost file without exchange server contact

How can i read exchange.ost file without exchange server contact

Post by Huib oudemas » Sun, 15 Mar 1998 04:00:00

I have one echange.ost file full with information. How can i without any
contact with exchange server this file making visible. I have constant
error that i have make once contact with the server.

Please help me.

How can i read exchange.ost file without exchange server contact

Post by Greg Aske » Mon, 16 Mar 1998 04:00:00

Select "work offline" when you start your client.
--
Greg Askew
Business Information Technologies, Inc.

> I have one echange.ost file full with information. How can i without any
> contact with exchange server this file making visible. I have constant
> error that i have make once contact with the server.

> Please help me.

1. Exchange File reading without exchange mail server

All,

I did something stupid today, a new collegue of mine did use exchange for
his email in his previous company and took his laptop with him to be able to
use his old email information. This was working quite right he had all his
emails.

Looking into his configuration I did delete the exchange mail option from
his list and logged off and on and was not longer able to read his email.
Attaching the .ost file to his services complaint that it required a log on
to the exchange server before he would be able to read the email again.
Since he left the company he is not directly able to contact the exchange
server anymore.

My question is there any possibility to overcome this or is the information
just lost, unless a connection to the exchange server is made?

Hope anyone can help me out.

Best regards,

Michiel Los
HAHT Software

2. Monitoring tool

3. Accessing XCH OST files without original profile just the OST's themselves

4. LDAP question and Exchange ?

5. Can't get VB 5 to read outlook contacts on system without Exchange

6. Delivery Restrictons

7. How can I read my Exchange OST file

8. Help with configuring Exchange 2000 - Multiple Domains/Multiple Information Stores

9. cannot access ost file without network connection

10. Unable to read OST files

11. Reading OST files

12. Can't read OST file

13. Unable to read OST files