One IMS routing multiple internet domain names

One IMS routing multiple internet domain names

Post by Brad McGar » Wed, 29 Apr 1998 04:00:00

I would like for my Exchange 5.5 server to route mail for several internet
domains.  What steps are necessary to make this happen?
The server is installed and routing mail for one internet domain.  I have
added a second internet domain but it did not automatically create the email
addresses for the existing mailboxes.  Is the correct or did I do something
wrong?

Any help would be appreciated.
Brad
4/28/98

One IMS routing multiple internet domain names

Post by Ramon Quisumbin » Wed, 29 Apr 1998 04:00:00

Brad,
    Well several things might have happened...check your addressing in your
Configuration container.  Double click on Site Addressing..in that property
page you should have an SMTP address for this site.  If not just create a
new one by clicking on the New button.
    Regarding your first question, if you have another site w/ a different
domain name than the first site, make sure in the IMS property pages in the
Routing tab, add the domain name of your second site and click on inbound.
Hope this helps

cheers
ramon

>I would like for my Exchange 5.5 server to route mail for several internet
>domains.  What steps are necessary to make this happen?
>The server is installed and routing mail for one internet domain.  I have
>added a second internet domain but it did not automatically create the
email
>addresses for the existing mailboxes.  Is the correct or did I do something
>wrong?

>Any help would be appreciated.
>Brad
>4/28/98

1. Multiple internet domain names on one Exchange Server

Is it possible to run two IMC's on one Exchange Server each of which
handles a different internet domain name? (I want to temporarily run two
different internet e-mail addresses)

If one of the domains is a different language how can I make the Exchange
Server generate foreign language error messages - such as undelivered? Is
that down to the connector (unlikely I would expect) or down to the
langauge version of Exchange Server

--
Nigel

2. pagefile.sys and sql.log

3. ODBC connection to Exchange

4. Multiple internet domains on one Windows AD domain

5. Sending a custom form from Exchange server agent?

6. Unable to add second domain name or route mail to private domain name in Exchange 2000

7. Custom Attribute page of a Custom Recipient?

8. routing multiple domains to one exchange server...

9. Unable to add second domain name or route mail to private domain name in Exchange 2000

10. Can one IMS handle multiple domain addresses?