simple question. Out going message size

Post by skip » Sat, 19 Oct 2002 05:25:46

How do I set the maximum message size that users can send
out, and also the maximum message size that can come in.
Also where do i set the maximum mailbox size for all users
on the server.

Thanks
Skip

simple question. Out going message size

Post by <wfb.. » Sat, 19 Oct 2002 05:45:31

For Storage Limits: Exchange System Manager -->
Administrative Groups --> [domain name] --> Servers -->
[exch server name] --> First Storage Group --> Mailbox
Store (right click then go to properties)

For Message Size: Exchange System Manager --> Global
Settings --> Message Delivery (right click then go to
properties)

Guy

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>How do I set the maximum message size that users can
send
>out, and also the maximum message size that can come in.
>Also where do i set the maximum mailbox size for all
users
>on the server.

>Thanks
>Skip
>.

1. Simple (Maybe not so Simple) Beginners Questions

First off, I have too say is that I love these Microsoft newsgroups. They
are a wealth of info. For the longest time I have never needed to ask a
question since everyone asks the question I have. Well today is my day.

My Setup Is

Main Office
-One Main Server (DC, DNS, Routing and Remote Access (NAT with two Nics),
and Data) Domain is ljpp.local - Name of server is Server. The proper ports
are being forwarded to the exchange server behind win2k NAT server. (25,
110, 80)

-One Soon to be Member Server with Exchange2k - Name will be Mailserver

-5 clients (Win98 and XP Pro)

Company's Properties (Apts)
15 managers in San Diego and LA Areas (which connect to the net with various
dial-up ISPs)

Goal
To have the 5 clients using outlook 2000 internally and have the 15
apartment managers just using OWA, Using OWA externally just sounds easier.

Questions:

1. I have just registered a domain name from Register.com (opvp.net). On the
site I have pointed the opvp.net to the static IP of the server. There is
also an area where I can change the MX. It asks me for the mail server name.
Do I put in mailserver.ljpp.local, or the IP address or what? As long as it

setup a test exchange server at home with the same setup as written at the
top of the page. My website was with www.dyndns.org and in the mail exchange
area I just put in ljpp.homeip.net in the exchanger area and I was able to

2. When that is all set and done, do I need to have my ISP provider do any
of the same stuff or will the info at registor.com be enough.

3. Public Calendar - Where is setup? I looked in the exchange manager and
when to public folders and setup public folders but I don't see an option of
making a public calendar. Am I missing something here? Is it created in
Exchange manager? I have read the help and looked at the various websites
people keep giving out on these newsgroups but I guess I am blind and I can'
t find how to do this.

4. OWA and address books - Now say a manager adds a bunch of people to his
contacts in OWA and he composes a new message and want to add people to the
senders list of this message. When he does a search for people to add will
it look at the gal and the contacts that he has created. I tried to do this
and all it does is search the gal. I do not understand what's going on here.

5. Does this sound like a good way of doing this and if it's not what and
how would I do differently.

THANKS FOR YOUR TIME!!!!!

2. Please Help!!!

3. Redundant Incoming Messages

4. incoming and out going message size limits

5. DRP Hot Site (Exchange 5.5)

6. Message Size Limit won't go away

7. Error 2140 with event 4072

8. Message Time outs

9. Very simple question about rerouting messages.

10. Very simple question about rerouting the messages

11. Print outs of messages

12. Distribution List (group) question, Simple question I think