Making a message look sent programmatically...?

Making a message look sent programmatically...?

Post by David Mar » Mon, 15 Feb 1999 04:00:00

I don't think that you can do this with an inbox message.  Try an outbox
message.

>I'm using VB6 and Active Messaging (CDO) 1.1

>My problem is that if I create a message using Active Messaging, then
>the following piece of code will make a new message look sent:

>    Set MyNewMessage = MyMapiSession.Inbox.Messages.Add
>    With MyNewMessage
> .Subject = "Test"
>        .Sent = True
> .Update
>    End With

>However, if I try this with an existing message (which is unsent), eg:

>    Set MyNewMessage = MyMapiSession.Inbox.Messages(1)
>    With MyNewMessage
> .Subject = "Test"
>        .Sent = True
> .Update
>    End With

>I get a MAPI E_INVALIDARG message. Why can you set the Sent property on
>creation only, and does anyone know how to get around this?

1. Making a message look sent programmatically...?

I'm using VB6 and Active Messaging (CDO) 1.1

My problem is that if I create a message using Active Messaging, then
the following piece of code will make a new message look sent:

    Set MyNewMessage = MyMapiSession.Inbox.Messages.Add
    With MyNewMessage
        .Subject = "Test"
        .Sent = True
        .Update
    End With

However, if I try this with an existing message (which is unsent), eg:

    Set MyNewMessage = MyMapiSession.Inbox.Messages(1)
    With MyNewMessage
        .Subject = "Test"
        .Sent = True
        .Update
    End With

I get a MAPI E_INVALIDARG message. Why can you set the Sent property on
creation only, and does anyone know how to get around this?

2. Automatically save attachments

3. Sending encrypted/signed message programmatically

4. Mailbox Item Count

5. Making hard copies of sent messages.

6. Antivirus

7. Sending mail to a PDL programmatically

8. Mailbox manager install on 5.5 machine

9. Want to send email programmatically

10. Programmatically check when last mail was sent

11. programmatically Send As

12. ADSL line-drop makes SMTP stop sending

13. can not send outbound mail without making E2k a open relay server