local outlook not accepting domain password from users

local outlook not accepting domain password from users

Post by mark » Fri, 06 Sep 2002 06:22:11

Hello all, we are running Windows 2000/Active Directory
and Exchange 2000 server. It has been up and running for
months now and everything has worked fine. Recently i
started deploying some new compaq machines with Windows XP
on them to some employees. They can log on to the domain
fine with their current usernames and passwords. Once I
set up their outlook and try to open it up, it asks for a
username, password, and domain. These should be exactly
what they use to log on to the network and it will not
take them. I can go to a different machine running XP, and
set up their profiles and it gets in fine. I then reboot
the exchange server and it starts working for a few days
and then starts happening again!! What is going on?

1. Unable to syncronise local passwords with domain passwords from Outlook

Hi! We have a problem with synchronise domain password with local passwords
from Outlook...

We are using Windows 2000 / XP with Outlook2k on the clients and Windows
2000 Server SP2, Exch2K SP2 on the server. Our File / Print server is a
Netware 5.1 server and for that reason we have Netware Client Version 4.8 on
the XP's and the latest version for W2K's.

I found an article on MS Technet (Q148420) but it did not solve my problem.

Does anyone have a clue?

Thanks

Jon Laurendz

2. Remote user access

3. OWA Not accepting User Name and Password

4. New kernel32.dll

5. Logging Changes to User Settings

6. Some users are sometimes prompted for user/password/domain in outlook

7. Unresolved name

8. Outlook user are sometimes prompted for user/domain/password

9. Outlook users are sometimes prompted for user/domain/password

10. E-Mail Sent to Local Domain users not delivered

11. do not autogenerate second domain addresses, but still accept messages for second domain

12. How to select local user level for domain users