NDR'S NDR'S and More NDR'S

Post by steveiseli » Fri, 21 Feb 2003 07:22:55

I get NDR'S Every time i foward or reply to an external
email address, if i send a message with the new button in
outlook 02 it works fine. I dont get it... Any help would
be greatly appreciated

NDR'S NDR'S and More NDR'S

Post by Ed Crowley [MVP » Fri, 21 Feb 2003 07:33:25

Post the NDR if you want anything more than a WAG.
--
Ed Crowley
MVP - Exchange

Quote:> I get NDR'S Every time i foward or reply to an external
> email address, if i send a message with the new button in
> outlook 02 it works fine. I dont get it... Any help would
> be greatly appreciated

NDR'S NDR'S and More NDR'S

Post by steveiseli » Fri, 21 Feb 2003 10:52:55

ok, i will post tomorrow, thanks
> [...]

NDR'S NDR'S and More NDR'S

Post by Reade C ( » Tue, 25 Feb 2003 09:22:57

Hello,

Thank you for requesting support for Microsoft Exchange server.

Actually, the AutoReply and AutoForward features are disabled by default in
both Exchange server 5.5 and Exchange server 2000. So if you cannot use
rules in Outlook or Exchange server to automatically reply or forward
e-mail to the Internet recipients, please take the following steps to
verify if the AutoReply and AutoForward options are disabled on your
Exchange server:

For Exchange server 5.5:

Enable the "Automatic Replies to the Internet" option by performing the
following steps:

1. Open the Internet Mail Service object in the Exchange Administrator
program.

2. Go to Internet Mail tab.

3. Click the Advanced options button.

4. Clear the checkbox for "Disable Automatic Replies to the Internet."

5. Stop and restart the Internet Mail Service in Control Panel Services.

For more info, please check the following Knowledge Base (KB) article:

181636.KB.EN-US XFOR: Rule For Forwarding To Internet Address Does Not Work
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;181636

For Exchange 2000:

To enable or disable the AutoForward and AutoReply feature in Exchange 2000:

1. Start Exchange System Manager.

2. In the left-pane, click Global Settings.

3. In the right-pane, double-click Internet Message Format to populate the
right pane with the various defined domains. By default, there is a single
domain that represents the wildcard (*).

4. Right-click the object that represents the domain, and then click
Properties.

5. Click the Advanced tab on the Properties dialog box.

6. In the Allowed Types section of the Advanced tab, to enable the
AutoForward feature, click to select the Automatic forwarding check box. To
disable the AutoForward feature, click to clear the Automatic forwarding
check box.

7. In the Allowed Types section of the Advanced tab, to enable the
AutoReply feature, click to select the Automatic replies check box. To
disable the AutoReply feature, click to clear the Automatic replies check
box.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Reade Chen, MCSE, MCSD
Microsoft Online Support Professional

You assume all risk for your use. Copy Right, 2001 Microsoft Corporation.
All rights reserved.

NDR'S NDR'S and More NDR'S

Post by Andy David [MVP » Tue, 25 Feb 2003 09:34:24

I was under the impression that automatic replies to the Internet are
*enabled* by default in E2k.

Quote:> Hello,

> Thank you for requesting support for Microsoft Exchange server.

> Actually, the AutoReply and AutoForward features are disabled by default
in
> both Exchange server 5.5 and Exchange server 2000. So if you cannot use
> rules in Outlook or Exchange server to automatically reply or forward
> e-mail to the Internet recipients, please take the following steps to
> verify if the AutoReply and AutoForward options are disabled on your
> Exchange server:

> For Exchange server 5.5:

> Enable the "Automatic Replies to the Internet" option by performing the
> following steps:

> 1. Open the Internet Mail Service object in the Exchange Administrator
> program.

> 2. Go to Internet Mail tab.

> 3. Click the Advanced options button.

> 4. Clear the checkbox for "Disable Automatic Replies to the Internet."

> 5. Stop and restart the Internet Mail Service in Control Panel Services.

> For more info, please check the following Knowledge Base (KB) article:

> 181636.KB.EN-US XFOR: Rule For Forwarding To Internet Address Does Not
Work
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;181636

> For Exchange 2000:

> To enable or disable the AutoForward and AutoReply feature in Exchange
2000:

> 1. Start Exchange System Manager.

> 2. In the left-pane, click Global Settings.

> 3. In the right-pane, double-click Internet Message Format to populate the
> right pane with the various defined domains. By default, there is a single
> domain that represents the wildcard (*).

> 4. Right-click the object that represents the domain, and then click
> Properties.

> 5. Click the Advanced tab on the Properties dialog box.

> 6. In the Allowed Types section of the Advanced tab, to enable the
> AutoForward feature, click to select the Automatic forwarding check box.
> disable the AutoForward feature, click to clear the Automatic forwarding
> check box.

> 7. In the Allowed Types section of the Advanced tab, to enable the
> AutoReply feature, click to select the Automatic replies check box. To
> disable the AutoReply feature, click to clear the Automatic replies check
> box.

> Hope this helps.

> Best Regards,

> Reade Chen, MCSE, MCSD
> Microsoft Online Support Professional

rights.
> You assume all risk for your use. Copy Right, 2001 Microsoft Corporation.
> All rights reserved.

NDR'S NDR'S and More NDR'S

Post by Rich Matheisen [MVP » Tue, 25 Feb 2003 12:42:08

Quote:>I was under the impression that automatic replies to the Internet are
>*enabled* by default in E2k.

<AOL>

Me, too!

</AOL>

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

NDR'S NDR'S and More NDR'S

Post by Ed Crowley [MVP » Tue, 25 Feb 2003 16:36:31

I just pulled a KB article for another thread that says exactly that.
--
Ed Crowley
MVP - Exchange

> >I was under the impression that automatic replies to the Internet are
> >*enabled* by default in E2k.

> <AOL>

> Me, too!

> </AOL>

> --
> Rich Matheisen
> MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

NDR'S NDR'S and More NDR'S

Post by Don Tan [MSFT » Wed, 26 Feb 2003 09:02:30

I believe it's not.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Sincerely,

Don Tan, MCSE/MCSA
Microsoft Online Support Professional

NDR'S NDR'S and More NDR'S

Post by Rich Matheisen [MVP » Wed, 26 Feb 2003 10:33:37

Quote:>I believe it's not.

You may be right. I'm lookin' at a server I haven't touched in a long
time (hasn't been modified since 20-Aug-2000 -- it just kinda sits on
my laptop as a place to look at things) and they're both disabled.

Maybe I was thinking of 5.0?

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

NDR'S NDR'S and More NDR'S

Post by Don Tan [MSFT » Thu, 27 Feb 2003 04:22:37

I was fairly sure on this one.

Actually Exchange 5.5 and 2000 are about the same.

In Exchange 5.5 server it was enabled by default at 1 point but due to
security risks one of the service packs for 5.5 had disabled it.

In Exchange 2000 server, it was disabled by default. : )

Sincerely,

Don Tan, MCSE/MCSA
Microsoft Online Support Professional

NDR'S NDR'S and More NDR'S

Post by Rich Matheisen [MVP » Thu, 27 Feb 2003 10:36:18

Quote:>I was fairly sure on this one.

>Actually Exchange 5.5 and 2000 are about the same.

>In Exchange 5.5 server it was enabled by default at 1 point but due to
>security risks one of the service packs for 5.5 had disabled it.

Well, I've been working with Exchange for a long time (I still have a
TR3 T-shirt) and it's usually the first impressions that stick with
you. I'm pretty sure that long ago those two were enabled. But if
they're DISabled now, well . . . that's the way it is (and the way it
should always have been). :)

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

NDR'S NDR'S and More NDR'S

Post by Don Tan [MSFT » Fri, 28 Feb 2003 06:16:02

: )

Sincerely,

Don Tan, MCSE/MCSA
Microsoft Online Support Professional

1. NDR's and Post _full_ _unaltered_ NDR.

This is an example of a full NDR: