E-mail Disclaimer--INTERNAL Mail

Post by James Porte » Sat, 05 Apr 2003 01:56:16

I'm using IMSEXT.DLL to add a disclaimer to outbound e-
mail on my Exchange 5.5 server.  However, my employer is
now asking that I append the disclaimer to all mail being
sent and received by internal users--those with mailboxes
on the server.  How can I accomplish this task, and avoid
configuring about 300 Outlook clients with standard
signatures?

James

E-mail Disclaimer--INTERNAL Mail

Post by Martin Blackstone [MVP - Exchange » Sat, 05 Apr 2003 02:35:58

You would need to find a 3rd party tool to do this. Frankly I think it is a
huge waste of time and money. There is no need for internal disclaimers. All
email policies should be outlined in the employee manual.

--
Martin Blackstone
MVP - Exchange

http://www.swinc.com/resource/e2kfaq_appxc.htm

Quote:> I'm using IMSEXT.DLL to add a disclaimer to outbound e-
> mail on my Exchange 5.5 server.  However, my employer is
> now asking that I append the disclaimer to all mail being
> sent and received by internal users--those with mailboxes
> on the server.  How can I accomplish this task, and avoid
> configuring about 300 Outlook clients with standard
> signatures?

> James

1. Email Disclaimer's attached to internal/external emails

From other emails I have received, there are disclaimers
attached to them. I thought this was part of the signature
file of the user which I have on my emails. After
researching, it can also be done thru Visual Basic. Are
there other ways to attach a Disclaimer to outbound
emails? Can it be done thru IIS? I am running Exchange
2000 SP3 with Active Directory.

Any info would be appreciated. Thanks

2. Upgrading Exchange Service Packs?

3. Disclaimers for internal e-mail

4. E2K closes incoming SMTP connections immediately

5. Adding disclaimers to INTERNAL-only email

6. OWA Firewall?

7. Add disclaimers to your internal and external emails /footers

8. Using documents in Public folders by several users

9. Add disclaimers to your internal and external emails

10. Add disclaimers to my internal and external emails /footers

11. Add disclaimers to my internal and external emails /footers going out of exchange 2000

12. Adding disclaimers to INTERNAL-only email