where does mail go if no user exists?

Post by Leon McCall » Fri, 18 Sep 1998 04:00:00

if i setup users tom and jerry on an exchange 5.5 server at domain test.com

or stored in some default mailbox? hopefully it will be stored in a default
mailbox such as postmaster but how do i delegation whether i want postmaster
or jerry to recieve mail that belongs to the domain but not to any users?

Leon McCalla
leon#netrox.net

where does mail go if no user exists?

Post by Steve Coo » Tue, 22 Sep 1998 04:00:00

Undeliverable mail goes into the Administrator mailbox. If you give someone
rights to that mailbox through the Exchange 5.5 server, they can access that
mailbox through Outlook. Just add it to their mail profile as an additional
mailbox.

>if i setup users tom and jerry on an exchange 5.5 server at domain test.com

>or stored in some default mailbox? hopefully it will be stored in a default
>mailbox such as postmaster but how do i delegation whether i want
postmaster
>or jerry to recieve mail that belongs to the domain but not to any users?

>Leon McCalla
>leon#netrox.net

where does mail go if no user exists?

Post by Leslie Hirschho » Tue, 22 Sep 1998 04:00:00

Under the IMS properties, on the Internet Mail tab, there is a button
called Notifications where you can designate what will generate an
Adminstrator message.  The button next the the Notifications button,
the Change button, allows you to designate the Administrator's
Mailbox.

Post by Amiri Jone » Thu, 24 Sep 1998 04:00:00

>if i setup users tom and jerry on an exchange 5.5 server at domain test.com

>or stored in some default mailbox? hopefully it will be stored in a default
>mailbox such as postmaster but how do i delegation whether i want
postmaster
>or jerry to recieve mail that belongs to the domain but not to any users?

    Specifying an administrator's mailbox allows that mailbox to receive a
copy of NDRs generated by Exchange, but the NDR will still be delivered to
the sender.  I simply monitor the mailbox and forward mail to the proper
recipient when I can figure out who was supposed to get it.

1. where does mail go if no user exists?

if i setup users tom and jerry on an exchange 5.5 server at domain test.com

or stored in some default mailbox? hopefully it will be stored in a default
mailbox such as postmaster but how do i delegation whether i want postmaster
or jerry to recieve mail that belongs to the domain but not to any users?

Leon McCalla
leon#netrox.net

2. Forwarding email to different non-ms mailserver

3. Meeting request goes to non-existing user

4. Attachments in OWA

5. stop inbound mail going to accounts that no longer exist

6. SBS 4.0 @ Proxy Server

7. How do you remove ADC when you done to go to native Mode

8. exchange 5.5 store.exe

9. Not accept mail for non-existing users

10. Newbie Question: Mail for not users dat do not exist

11. Mail to a non existing user

12. prob e-mail users that do exist

13. Adding mail box to existing user