Can't access OWA w/o admin rights

Post by Mike Nevit » Sat, 10 Feb 2001 23:37:50

The only way I can get my users to access OWA is if I give them all Admin
rights.  I would rather not do that for obvious reasons.  Is the some other way
to let them have access?  TIA

Mike

Post by Eddie » Sun, 11 Feb 2001 00:58:39

The only way I can get my users to access OWA is if I give them all Admin
rights.  I would rather not do that for obvious reasons.  Is the some other
way
to let them have access?  TIA

Mike

For some reason, your message won't let itself be quoted.

Anyway, they just need the logon to local machine right (this machine), or
whatever.  Try that for the everyone group.

Ed

Can't access OWA w/o admin rights

Post by Mike » Sun, 11 Feb 2001 01:27:00

No I am trying to access Outlook Web Access from the internet and the only way
the users can log in is if they are a member of the administrators group.

-----------------------

.

Can't access OWA w/o admin rights

Post by Eddie » Sun, 11 Feb 2001 01:36:23

You need to logon to Microsoft's knowledge base or call Product Support
Services.  You've *ed something up, as OWA installs are a piece of
cake.  Even if they are on the Internet, though, you still have to give them
the right to access the machine locally.  Do you understand what I am
saying?

Ed

Can't access OWA w/o admin rights

Post by Kirill S. Palagi » Sun, 11 Feb 2001 02:23:43

Any help from
 http://support.microsoft.com/support/exchange/content/whitepapers/owa...

--
Corrections are welcome.

For "Good post" practice visit

Kirill.

1. admin account shows full rights but still can't access mailboxes

I've been trying to assign myself full rights to each mailbox on our
exchange 2000 server.  We have to many accounts to go one by one and assign
myself full rights so I decided to use the Delegaton Wizard and delegate at
the organization level.  After the delegation completes and AD catches up
under the Exchange Advanced tab in ADUC it shows that my account now has
full rights to all mailboxes.  Great...only it doesn't work.  Through
outlook I cannot open any mailboxes but my own.  If I go to each mailbox and
assign myself full rights then I can get in the mailbox.  I've checked
security everywhere I can possibly think of...I've tried only assigning
permissions at the exchange store, I've added myself into the Exchange
Domain Servers and that doesn't work.  Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks,
Mike

2. Public folder Recipients

3. Domain Admin Rights vs. Local Admin Rights

4. error applyin SP2 to exchange 5.5

5. Can't access OWA except as Admin

6. Outlook Express

7. OWA Access Denied to non Admin's

8. OWA on a Windows 2k Cluster running Exchange 5.5 SP4

9. Mail box sizes doesn't seem right in exchange admin

10. Exchange Admin's right question.

11. Outlook Web Access only allow admin rights to logon

12. Web access - only works if user has Domain Admin Rights