Legal message at the end of every message

Legal message at the end of every message

Post by Richi » Mon, 13 Nov 2000 04:00:00

My company is requesting we put a legal message at the end of all our outgoing
internet mail.  i can't seem to find where to do this....?

Please help,

Richie

Legal message at the end of every message

Post by Chuck Vanc » Mon, 13 Nov 2000 04:00:00

This functionality was not put into Exchange.  Most Companies that need this
functionality go to a 3rd party vendor.  Unfortunately, I don't remember any
of them right this sec.

Post by Kirill S. Palagi » Tue, 14 Nov 2000 13:43:46

 http://www.mail-resources.com/resources/search.cgi

> This functionality was not put into Exchange.  Most Companies that need this
> functionality go to a 3rd party vendor.  Unfortunately, I don't remember any
> of them right this sec.

> My company is requesting we put a legal message at the end of all our
> outgoing
> internet mail.  i can't seem to find where to do this....?

> Please help,

> Richie

Corrections are welcome.

For "Good post" practice visit

Kirill.

Legal message at the end of every message

Post by DM33 » Wed, 15 Nov 2000 09:08:44

Hi,

Prerequisite: Exchange server 5.5 / SP3

Step 1: Download the disclaimer.zip . Search the Web for this file.
Step 2: Unzip the file and look for the IMSEXT.DLL .
Step 3: Save the IMSEXT.DLL to \exchsrvr\connect\msexcimc\bin.
            (Location of the Exchange server folder)
Step 4: Register the .dll file.
           Go to Start|Run. Type regsrv32
xchsrvr\connect\msexcimc\bin\imsext.dll
Step 5: Edit the registry. Please be careful in doing this .
           Go to Start|Run. Type regedt32. Open
HKEYLOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\MSExchangeIMC
           Under Parameters, create a key called "Extension" with class
"REG_SZ".
           Do not close the registry editor yet.
Step 6: Open notepad (text editor)  and type the text you wanted to include
in the message body       with the format "\par\par\b Message Body
\par\par\b"
Step 7: Return to Registry editor. Under the Extension key, create a value
name
           "OutboundPrepend" for text before the message body of the
outbound mails,
           and "OutboundAppend" for text after the message body of the
outbound mails.
Step 8: Close the Registry editor
Step 9: Launch the Exchange Admin Tool. Open Internet Mail Service
properties. Locate the
           Routing Tab and choose the option "Instead of the table, use this
custom routing program"
           Click on browse and locate the imsext.dll.
Step 10: Restart the Internet Mail Service.
Step 11: Test by sending internet mail.

Greetings DM330

> http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm
>  http://www.mail-resources.com/resources/search.cgi

> > This functionality was not put into Exchange.  Most Companies that need
this
> > functionality go to a 3rd party vendor.  Unfortunately, I don't remember
any
> > of them right this sec.

> > My company is requesting we put a legal message at the end of all our
> > outgoing
> > internet mail.  i can't seem to find where to do this....?

> > Please help,

> > Richie

> > -----==  Over 80,000 Newsgroups - 16 Different Servers! =-----

> --
> Corrections are welcome.

> For "Good post" practice visit
> http://members.home.com/dts-l/goodpost.htm

> Kirill.

Legal message at the end of every message

Post by Glen Morangi » Wed, 15 Nov 2000 04:00:00

I wouldn't "hack" my Exchange Server like this.  It's not a toy.

I'd buy Mail Essentials.

:-(

John.

> Hi,

> Prerequisite: Exchange server 5.5 / SP3

> Step 1: Download the disclaimer.zip . Search the Web for this file.
> Step 2: Unzip the file and look for the IMSEXT.DLL .
> Step 3: Save the IMSEXT.DLL to \exchsrvr\connect\msexcimc\bin.
>             (Location of the Exchange server folder)
> Step 4: Register the .dll file.
>            Go to Start|Run. Type regsrv32
> xchsrvr\connect\msexcimc\bin\imsext.dll
> Step 5: Edit the registry. Please be careful in doing this .
>            Go to Start|Run. Type regedt32. Open
> HKEYLOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\MSExchangeIMC
>            Under Parameters, create a key called "Extension" with class
> "REG_SZ".
>            Do not close the registry editor yet.
> Step 6: Open notepad (text editor)  and type the text you wanted to
include
> in the message body       with the format "\par\par\b Message Body
> \par\par\b"
> Step 7: Return to Registry editor. Under the Extension key, create a value
> name
>            "OutboundPrepend" for text before the message body of the
> outbound mails,
>            and "OutboundAppend" for text after the message body of the
> outbound mails.
> Step 8: Close the Registry editor
> Step 9: Launch the Exchange Admin Tool. Open Internet Mail Service
> properties. Locate the
>            Routing Tab and choose the option "Instead of the table, use
this
> custom routing program"
>            Click on browse and locate the imsext.dll.
> Step 10: Restart the Internet Mail Service.
> Step 11: Test by sending internet mail.

> Greetings DM330

> > http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm
> >  http://www.mail-resources.com/resources/search.cgi

> > > This functionality was not put into Exchange.  Most Companies that
need
> this
> > > functionality go to a 3rd party vendor.  Unfortunately, I don't
remember
> any
> > > of them right this sec.

> > > My company is requesting we put a legal message at the end of all our
> > > outgoing
> > > internet mail.  i can't seem to find where to do this....?

> > > Please help,

> > > Richie

> > > http://www.newsfeeds.com - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!
> > > -----==  Over 80,000 Newsgroups - 16 Different Servers! =-----

> > --
> > Corrections are welcome.

> > For "Good post" practice visit
> > http://members.home.com/dts-l/goodpost.htm

> > Kirill.

1. How to append a Disclaimer to the end of every outgoing message from Exchange 2000

Hello All,

I would be very obliged if someone will tell me how to append a
disclaimer text message at the end of outgoing messages. I use Outlook
as the mail client.

I found a DLL at this location:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=317327
titled: HOW TO: Add a Disclaimer to Outgoing SMTP Messages in Visual
Basic

but it says that it wont work if the outgoing message is sent using
Outlook!

I understand that this facility was available in Exchange 5.5, but has
been removed in Exchange 2000. I would be grateful if somebody
explains why it was removed!!!! (only someone from Microsoft can
answer this...) I hope i'm not being rude asking this, but it is a
sincere question.

2. I can not activate the workflow

3. How to add customizable message at the end of every outgoing mails

4. Mail not coming in

5. How to add some comments at the end of every message

6. How to create a mailbox with ADSI?

7. Company Wide Disclaimer Message on every E-mail message

8. Questions about NTserver and email?

9. Legal Message

10. Adding legal notice/disclaimer to all outbound messages

11. Exchange Mail Company Legal Notice At End Of Mail

12. add legal notice to messages

13. Adding legal warning to all outgoing messages