X.400 Setup

Post by Brian A » Sat, 20 Dec 1997 04:00:00

I am trying to set up an X.400 Conneector in Exchange 5.0.  I am also new
to X.400.  Can anyone explain the fields used and how do I set up the
Administrative Management Domain Name?   Does this need to be arranged with
an outside source or is there the capability of using an inhouse admd?  How
does this comapre the SMTP domain name?

X.400 Setup

Post by Manish Jaiswa » Mon, 22 Dec 1997 04:00:00

Hi

We also use the same feature. Some outside source is needed for
Admd domain

Quote:>I am trying to set up an X.400 Conneector in Exchange 5.0.  I am also new
>to X.400.  Can anyone explain the fields used and how do I set up the
>Administrative Management Domain Name?   Does this need to be arranged with
>an outside source or is there the capability of using an inhouse admd?  How
>does this comapre the SMTP domain name?

X.400 Setup

Post by Stuart Robertso » Tue, 23 Dec 1997 04:00:00

Brian,

Are you just connecting an Internal Exchange site to another using the X.400
connector or are you connecting to the outside world X.400 system ?

If it is purely a site-to-site X.400 system don't worry about the Admin Mgmt
DN.

Stuart

Quote:>I am trying to set up an X.400 Conneector in Exchange 5.0.  I am also new
>to X.400.  Can anyone explain the fields used and how do I set up the
>Administrative Management Domain Name?   Does this need to be arranged with
>an outside source or is there the capability of using an inhouse admd?  How
>does this comapre the SMTP domain name?

1. how to setup X.400 connector between two companies

Hi all,

My company just merged with another one.  We need to get
two Exchange 5.5 talking.  The VPN tunnel is up and trust
is on the way there.  Now my next step is to get X.400
connector in.  My questions are:

1. Where can I get this module?  Directly from Exchange
CD?  Add the connector directly from Administration page?
I was told it needs extra license.  Is it true?
2. I was told my end goal is to get everybody's mailbox to
show up in one globle address book.  With X.400 connector,
I think we can only let two Exchange talking but not reach
my final goal.  Any suggestion on how I can reach my goal?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Regards,
Sally

2. Roaming User Profile

3. x.400 connector setup

4. OWA Specific User rights not working

5. X.400 Configuration/ Setup? (NOT the connector)

6. Visible folders on client side

7. X.400 connector setup

8. Exchange Backup Opinion

9. X.400 connector setup - At my wits end - Help needed

10. ? Inst. of X.400 Connector / Ex55 Unattended Setup

11. Trying to setup and X.400 Connector

12. X.400 Configuration/ Setup? (NOT the connector)

13. Internal X.400 directory versus users X.400 addresses