exchange server 2000 to host mail for two domains

exchange server 2000 to host mail for two domains

Post by Joshua Bumgarde » Fri, 18 Apr 2003 22:45:14

Hi Guys. I do appericate the help ya'll provided me. I
need help with setting up my exchange server to handle
mail for 2 domains. My server is hosting 2 different
websites using host headers and i am needing to know the
best route to take to make my exchange server host the
email for both domains.

Server and domain background:
I have 2 domains. Bacs-tc.com and Claibornest.com
When i built the server i set it up as a domain server
for bacs-tc.com. The server full name is
server1.bacs-tc.com.
I had started this server with the bacs-tc.com website.
Now i am wanting to intergrate the claibornest.com
website into this server. Now the claibornest.com and the
bacs-tc.com websites are both running on this server.
The exchange server is setup for the bacs-tc.com.

What neccessary steps do i need to do to make the
exchange server software host mail for both sites? I am
pretty much clueless on this. Both my sites are
registered through dyndns.org dns services. Do i set
this setting in the dyndns settings or on the exchange
server software side? Please provide me with any clues
to point me in the right direction if you can. I do
appericate all your help. Thanks again

Joshua Bumgarden

exchange server 2000 to host mail for two domains

Post by Martin Tuip [MVP » Fri, 18 Apr 2003 22:49:28

Q: How do I add additional SMTP domains?
  A1: Setting Up SMTP Domains for Inbound and Relay E-Mail in Exchange 2000
Server - Q260973

  A2: How to Receive Messages for Two SMTP Domains Using Exchange 2000 -
Q289833

  **  Please prefix your subject header with BETA for posts dealing with
  Exchange 2003 **

  ------------------

Quote:> Hi Guys. I do appericate the help ya'll provided me. I
> need help with setting up my exchange server to handle
> mail for 2 domains. My server is hosting 2 different
> websites using host headers and i am needing to know the
> best route to take to make my exchange server host the
> email for both domains.

> Server and domain background:
> I have 2 domains. Bacs-tc.com and Claibornest.com
> When i built the server i set it up as a domain server
> for bacs-tc.com. The server full name is
> server1.bacs-tc.com.
> I had started this server with the bacs-tc.com website.
> Now i am wanting to intergrate the claibornest.com
> website into this server. Now the claibornest.com and the
> bacs-tc.com websites are both running on this server.
> The exchange server is setup for the bacs-tc.com.

> What neccessary steps do i need to do to make the
> exchange server software host mail for both sites? I am
> pretty much clueless on this. Both my sites are
> registered through dyndns.org dns services. Do i set
> this setting in the dyndns settings or on the exchange
> server software side? Please provide me with any clues
> to point me in the right direction if you can. I do
> appericate all your help. Thanks again

> Joshua Bumgarden

exchange server 2000 to host mail for two domains

Post by Mark Fugatt [MVP » Sat, 19 Apr 2003 01:36:11

Here is a link that should help you out:

Hope this helps

--
Mark Fugatt
Microsoft Exchange MVP

Quote:> Hi Guys. I do appericate the help ya'll provided me. I
> need help with setting up my exchange server to handle
> mail for 2 domains. My server is hosting 2 different
> websites using host headers and i am needing to know the
> best route to take to make my exchange server host the
> email for both domains.

> Server and domain background:
> I have 2 domains. Bacs-tc.com and Claibornest.com
> When i built the server i set it up as a domain server
> for bacs-tc.com. The server full name is
> server1.bacs-tc.com.
> I had started this server with the bacs-tc.com website.
> Now i am wanting to intergrate the claibornest.com
> website into this server. Now the claibornest.com and the
> bacs-tc.com websites are both running on this server.
> The exchange server is setup for the bacs-tc.com.

> What neccessary steps do i need to do to make the
> exchange server software host mail for both sites? I am
> pretty much clueless on this. Both my sites are
> registered through dyndns.org dns services. Do i set
> this setting in the dyndns settings or on the exchange
> server software side? Please provide me with any clues
> to point me in the right direction if you can. I do
> appericate all your help. Thanks again

> Joshua Bumgarden

exchange server 2000 to host mail for two domains

Post by Joshua Bumgarde » Sat, 19 Apr 2003 03:20:40

Thanks Guys.  Once again I have been successful at
setting up my stuff with the guidance of ya'lls help.
Ya'll are a life saver.  Thanks again

Joshua

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Hi Guys. I do appericate the help ya'll provided me. I
>need help with setting up my exchange server to handle
>mail for 2 domains. My server is hosting 2 different
>websites using host headers and i am needing to know the
>best route to take to make my exchange server host the
>email for both domains.

>Server and domain background:
>I have 2 domains. Bacs-tc.com and Claibornest.com
>When i built the server i set it up as a domain server
>for bacs-tc.com. The server full name is
>server1.bacs-tc.com.
>I had started this server with the bacs-tc.com website.
>Now i am wanting to intergrate the claibornest.com
>website into this server. Now the claibornest.com and the
>bacs-tc.com websites are both running on this server.
>The exchange server is setup for the bacs-tc.com.

>What neccessary steps do i need to do to make the
>exchange server software host mail for both sites? I am
>pretty much clueless on this. Both my sites are
>registered through dyndns.org dns services. Do i set
>this setting in the dyndns settings or on the exchange
>server software side? Please provide me with any clues
>to point me in the right direction if you can. I do
>appericate all your help. Thanks again

>Joshua Bumgarden
>.

exchange server 2000 to host mail for two domains

Post by Alex Rogachevsk » Sat, 19 Apr 2003 03:41:03

Mark,

When are the chats acrive on exchangetrainer.com???

> Here is a link that should help you out:
> http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF010.html

> Hope this helps

> --
> Mark Fugatt
> Microsoft Exchange MVP
> www.exchangetrainer.com
> www.msexchange.org
> Chat with other Exchange junkies at http://www.exchangetrainer.com:8000

> > Hi Guys. I do appericate the help ya'll provided me. I
> > need help with setting up my exchange server to handle
> > mail for 2 domains. My server is hosting 2 different
> > websites using host headers and i am needing to know the
> > best route to take to make my exchange server host the
> > email for both domains.

> > Server and domain background:
> > I have 2 domains. Bacs-tc.com and Claibornest.com
> > When i built the server i set it up as a domain server
> > for bacs-tc.com. The server full name is
> > server1.bacs-tc.com.
> > I had started this server with the bacs-tc.com website.
> > Now i am wanting to intergrate the claibornest.com
> > website into this server. Now the claibornest.com and the
> > bacs-tc.com websites are both running on this server.
> > The exchange server is setup for the bacs-tc.com.

> > What neccessary steps do i need to do to make the
> > exchange server software host mail for both sites? I am
> > pretty much clueless on this. Both my sites are
> > registered through dyndns.org dns services. Do i set
> > this setting in the dyndns settings or on the exchange
> > server software side? Please provide me with any clues
> > to point me in the right direction if you can. I do
> > appericate all your help. Thanks again

> > Joshua Bumgarden

exchange server 2000 to host mail for two domains

Post by Mark Fugatt [MVP » Sun, 20 Apr 2003 07:43:43

Hi Alex

The chat server does not get used as much as I would like, so there is
actually very little in the transcripts, if you have any idea's on ways you
would like to see the chat server used drop me a line I would be interested,
its a great resource, just never used :-(

--
Mark Fugatt