Exchange Not Working Over Net

Post by CL » Fri, 15 Aug 2003 09:37:20

Exchange 2000 / Outllok 2000 or 2002

E-mail works properly when directly connected to out internal network, but
not over the net - was working fine up till last evening - now nothing POP3
access just fine

My Admin swears he did not change anything - any ideas

Frustrated Director

Exchange Not Working Over Net

Post by Lanwench [MVP - Exchange » Fri, 15 Aug 2003 13:00:42

So POP is working? Do you perhaps mean you were using Outlook's Exchange
Server service to access the full mailbox before? Your ISP has probably
blocked the ports, which is a useful reminder to you that you need a good
firewall that does the same thing - look into implementing VPN or ISA
publishing to give remote users access to their full mailboxes.

If I've misunderstood, please repost with more detailed information about
your setup and the problems you're having.

> Exchange 2000 / Outllok 2000 or 2002

> E-mail works properly when directly connected to out internal
> network, but not over the net - was working fine up till last evening
> - now nothing POP3 access just fine

> My Admin swears he did not change anything - any ideas

> Frustrated Director

1. Net Folders Through Exchange Server to Internet Mail Recipient Does Not Work

I have figured out what the problem is but I don't know how to fix it.

When sending invitations to share a folder when mail is set up to go through
Exchange Server;
If the recipient uses Internet Mail for mail, they get the message, but no
special icon or forms to accept the invitation.
If the recipient is on Exchange Server, it works OK.

When sending invitations to share a folder when mail is set up to go through
Internet Mail only;
If the recipient is another Internet Mail client, everything works as
planned.
If the recipient is an Exchange Server client, the invitation arrives as
normal and has the special icon and form, but the originator never gets the
acceptance acknowledgement and the folder contents are never sent

When an Exchange user also uses a Microsoft Mail Post Office and the
Internet Mail client also uses the Microsoft Mail Post Office and the
invitation is sent to the Microsoft Mail address, everything works OK.

When using Exchange Server and Internet mail together, and setting delivery
options so that the internet mail delivers first, the mail is still
delivered through Exchange Server and Net Folders will not work if sent to
an Internet Mail client.

So, anybody have a solution for this?  Is it an Exchange Server thing?  I
think it is stripping out some header information that is needed by the
Internet Mail clients.

Vince Bishop
Oak Ridge National Laboratory

2. Forwarding emails from an ISP

3. Internexus.net news pull not working

4. Moving Exchange5.5 to w2k member server

5. Remote Mail not working for 'Net mail

6. Fehler nach der installation von SP3 (French)

7. MoveTo not working in vb.net

8. Make Outlook look more like Schedule+

9. Information Store and I-Net Mail Service not working

10. Internexus.net news pull not working

11. OWA, WSS and ASP.net - Asp.net not parsing

12. Exchange server quit working with the 'net!!