I am not able to reply to external emails

I am not able to reply to external emails

Post by Rafae » Thu, 19 Jun 2003 06:54:25

Every time I try to reply to an email I've received from an outside contact,
I get this message in the body of the returned email:

If I type the email address directly to a new message, I am able to send
emails to this contact.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Rafael

I am not able to reply to external emails

Post by The intrude » Thu, 19 Jun 2003 14:59:20

version of Exchange ? + SP ?
Version of OS + SP ?

Do you use SMTP to connect your client through your exchange or you use
Exchange Transport ?

Do you have default setting for your SMTP ?

this problems occurs for the first time with old server . . . OR it's a new
fresh installation ?

more information , perhaps the header of the email rejected will help us to
help you.

regards

The intruder

> Every time I try to reply to an email I've received from an outside
contact,
> I get this message in the body of the returned email:

> If I type the email address directly to a new message, I am able to send
> emails to this contact.

> Any help will be greatly appreciated.

> Rafael

I am not able to reply to external emails

Post by Rafae » Thu, 19 Jun 2003 23:02:47

Sure!

My email server is Exchange 5.5 SP3 running on Windows 2000 SP3.  I use
Exchange transport to connect to my Exchange server but also have it
combined so that every user has a second account setup on the Outlook 2002
client where incoming emails are downloaded from a POP3 account.

Route incoming SMTP Mail is set to: mydomain.com <inbound>.  If I'm looking
at the right settings that is.  I just inherited the administration of this
mail server so I'm learning some of this as I go along.

This behavior is encountered every once in a while.  I had been able to
reply to emails all this time but I know I have made no changes to the
server and now I'm not able to reply.

Here is the error: