Public Folders Problem

Post by Mario Pereir » Sat, 05 Dec 1998 04:00:00

I wonder if anyone can help with this particular problem.

I have recently set up a system to allow a set of people to work from
home and be able to communicate and share information with the office.

The system is using E-mail and Public Folders on Exchange 5.0 server and

client.

Standard E-mail is not a problem but the Public Folders are presenting a

problem when it comes to synchronization.

What I wanted to achieve was a means by which data would be (and is)
held on the Exchange server at head office, this data can then be
accessed and modified by head office and the remote users. By using
'off-line folders' the remote users dial into the Exchange server,
synchronize and then a couple of minutes later can be off-line and
working on the documents that were downloaded/updated in their off-line
storage.

The problem, as I said, arises with the synchronization. It works for a
while in that the data transmitted by the remote users is updated on the

server and vice versa.

This works for a least a month. The data is accessed on a daily basis,
the files are either Excel or Word documents and the contents are
modified regularly, so it is the same file that is being synchronized
each time.

After about a month, the data on the server which is older, is
transferred to the remote user before their update has come across
thereby negating all the changes they have made, and more recently the
modified files on the users' machine would not under any circumstances
be transferred to the server.

When this starts to happen the only way to rectify the situation is to
delete all the data in the public folders, having made a copy first, and

then re-instate it. This then works for another month.

Is anyone out there using exchange in this manner?
Can anyone shed any light on what might be happening?

Any help and constructive suggestions are immensely appreciated.

Mario

1. Public Folder problem: lost dates on some folders and files

hallo (again),
still have a problem with some of ours public folders contents.

exp:
we're using public folder store as a shared file storage. clients
uses them trough Outlook client or as mapped web folders trough
"My network places".
after changing ACL on some public folders (Client premissions/Admin
premissions) for some important folders and files we can't see date attrib.
for them it's impossible to see "Received" attrib. for example.
what can I do to somehow get back my dates?

Igor

2. Misteriously dissappearing Scripting Agents

3. outlook 2002 / Exchange 5.5 Public Folder Problem

4. Dynamic IP Addresses and Exchange Server

5. outlook 2000 contact activity public folder problem

6. configuring OWA

7. outlook MAC version public folder problems

8. OWA Integrated Authentication

9. Public Folder Problem

10. Public Folder Problems

11. Public Folder Problem

12. Anonymous submissions to a Public Folder problem

13. Public folder problem with upgrade