Group Policy (Active Desktop/Wallpaper Setting)

Group Policy (Active Desktop/Wallpaper Setting)

Post by Rube » Sun, 30 Mar 2003 02:21:35

Hi all,
I have enabled Active desktop and enabled the active
desktop wallpaper as well, but computers that are
attached to this GP have an increased delay when a user
logs into their machine.  It takes a while for the icons,
etc to come up and sometimes the wallpaper comes up with
a blue screen, thus, the refresh button has to be checked
in order for the correct wallpaper to come up.  All of
our computers are high speed, etc.
Does anyone have any ideas?
Thank you in advance for your assistance?

Post by Rich Matheisen [MVP » Sun, 30 Mar 2003 05:51:20

>Hi all,
>I have enabled Active desktop and enabled the active
>desktop wallpaper as well, but computers that are
>attached to this GP have an increased delay when a user
>logs into their machine.  It takes a while for the icons,
>etc to come up and sometimes the wallpaper comes up with
>a blue screen, thus, the refresh button has to be checked
>in order for the correct wallpaper to come up.  All of
>our computers are high speed, etc.
>Does anyone have any ideas?
>Thank you in advance for your assistance?

Wrong newsgroup?

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

1. Group Policy (Active Desktop/Wallpaper Setting)

Hi all,
I have enabled Active desktop and enabled the active
desktop wallpaper as well, but computers that are
attached to this GP have an increased delay when a user
logs into their machine.  It takes a while for the icons,
etc to come up and sometimes the wallpaper comes up with
a blue screen, thus, the refresh button has to be checked
in order for the correct wallpaper to come up.  All of
our computers are high speed, etc.
Does anyone have any ideas?
Thank you in advance for your assistance?

2. Exchange 2000 Issues

3. Group Policy - Desktop Settings

4. Can not get C++ Event code to work in MTS

5. Active-Directory Group-policies documentation / settings via script language

6. Relay

7. Desktop wallpaper mis-aligned

8. Where do undeliverable messages go?

9. PDL setting in Group Policy

10. Exchange Server 2000 settings via group policy?

11. Recipient policies based on group policy

12. Public Phone Book on Active Desktop